Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ugly Winter Steelhead Fly Swap?

Tayler,

Have you set a date for the exchange? I'm interested but date dependant.

I would like to enter inthis swap if possible I believe I have a big ugly to tie

Tayler,
    Where does the swap stand? How about an updated list of committed tiers. I'm ready to hit the vise and do a cone head bunny leach in black/blue. No where to go fishing this rate. Might as well tie flies and dream of big steel.
    Happy holidays everyone!
    FISH HARD OR GO HOME

I'm still interested, although I'm out of town on limited communications till Jan 2nd. I do have a few big uglies that I've been tinkering with, and I do have my tying kit with me (of course). I'm guessing the time line would be to finish the swap sometime after the holidays?
    Let me know,
    JB

flies will be due january 30

well im closing the swap to the current 8 participants. feel free to PM me when the time comes, and i will just mail flies out, or we can do it at the shop. please post pics of flies as you progress!!!

How is the tying going everyone? I am ready when you all are!

Thumbs up Photo of Flies....

Really like the way you laid the flies on top of the Jungle Cock cape. Very well done!!

BTW, great looking flies, too....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Rippin, those look sweet. I'm working on mine, sorry I got slowed way down with the holidays and got really sick for over a week. I could use at least another week, maybe 10 days since I'm hoping to fish a few days next week. Mail would work best for me, since I rarely make it down to the shop, and that also keeps me from finding any number of odds and ends that I "must have". I have another question on swap etiquette: do you guys think that the barb pinching/removal should be left to the end recipient or is that customary for the tier to pinch first. I know it's a silly thing, I just ask since that's usually been my first step in any tying process. So far I've not done any on these flies. I'll see if I can get a decent pic or two of my flies, and post them tonight.
    Cheers,
    JB

pm me for my address when flies are ready, please enclose postage fees.....