Thread: Access

Default Access

Does anyone know if you can launch a Pram at the Barge Canal Access, and if so, does it need to be carried quite a ways?
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the size of fish that I catch, the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that no one would believe me any way".

You can and yes it does. There's an opening at the side of the gate, you can stand a pram up and carry it through on end, then either carry or roll it on a dolly down the boat ramp.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Thanks Ed, never fished the area, but itchin for Stripers
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the size of fish that I catch, the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that no one would believe me any way".

Good time of year for that spot. What kind of pram?
    Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

It's an 8 Ft. Alluminum with 7 Ft. oars. It was made by the Redwood Welding Co. up north. I think they are out of business.

You've got a classic. I've launched my Metalhead 8 footer many times there. A dolly simplifies things greatly. Good luck Bryan.
    Ed

Checked out the access today, boatless. Seems to me that with the tides and some decent distance to be fished on a 'toon, assuming you'd go partially west into the deep water channel, a trolling motor would be helpful, especially with the tides? If so, time to build a cart for the toon. That's a lot of shlepping with a Group 27 and gear.

My Navionics app doesn't show depth for the canal barge. Guy out there said it goes down to 50'? Fish the shoreline, or just strip at 12' or so in deep water?

Thanks for the expertise. Looks like it's worth learning.

John