Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelhead fishing

Quote Originally Posted by chixnribs View Post
    If you rent a car to drive to the Feather, I would suggest taking the "full coverage" option. Just sayin'.
    Good call....I agree
    I will say however that I fished the Palm Ave area and was able to park close enough to where I was fishing that I was able to have the car in full view the whole time. 2WD would be sufficient to get to most of the areas where I was. Leaving the car unattended in other areas while fishing the Feather can be problematic.
    If I had the time and financial resources and was traveling from So Cal I would head farther north to say the Rogue myself. I offered up the Feather for the opportunity to catch some steelies as a lesser travel time, lower budget option for our friend.
    Either way I hope he gets on some good water and sticks a few fish for his Thanksgiving holiday

Thank You all for the info . I am leaving now to drive up. Most of the guides are booked and sounds like the rivers are high . Great adventure to be had looking forward to it . Maybe all the way to the Klamath I dont know the truck will tell me when to stop See you there Craig

In the last month I have had some good reports from the Trinity and Klamath but I guess the water is high for a while.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

The trinity had a decent spike and drop. Should have put some fish on the move.

Well I made the drive to the Trinity , I was nice drive , Fished for two and half days. First morning on th e5th cast had a huge pull no hook up. Thought maybe I am here a the right time. Not another grab that day . Fished until sunset . Second day went back to the run that I got the grab at caught a half pounder well maybe you would call it a quarter pounder nothing else that day fished until dark Drove back last night traffic was crazy . would do it again in a heart beat Thank you all for your help . Need to go back quick maybe new years holiday Hows the fishing then

Another suggestion would be to hire Steelhead Spey guide Jason Hartwick to guide and teach you for one day up there soon.

http://steelheadonthespey.wordpress.com/
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

It was nice to meet you at the shop Fri. I think Jason called to talk to you when you were helping me out . I have fished with Jason the first time I went up to the Trinity . Caught a nice fish with him too. funny I asked every Fly shop if any guides were available it was pretty much booked . I will be going back up ,maybe I will give Jason a call