Thread: Echo 3 and SR opinions

Default Echo 3 and SR opinions

I am doing some research on the Echo switch rods and wanted to see if you guys could give me some feed back on how the Echo 3 and SR actions match up to other rods on the market. I have mainly casted the Sage Z-Axis and TCX rods and love their action for my casting style. I have also casted the Redington CPX switch rod and did not care for it. Any feedback that you guys have had with these rods and how they match up to a Z-Axis action. Thanks

Mike

Haven't fished the Echo 3 yet but I have the SR in both the 7 and 8. Absolutely love them. I would call them medium fast action. Easy loading, can cast as well as my longer rods, and strong like bull of you happen to hit a tree on the forward stroke(have yet to break one).

I too like the faster action rods for normal spey work. That said I use these switch rods to swing flies in tight quarters. As in fishing from the outside bank in low clear water or the inside bank in high water when you can't wade out past the trees. In these situations I find I have a narrow window to swing the rod through. This is where the medium action really shines, as you can go with a softer stroke but still load the rod.

Hope that helps...

It does, thanks for the help.

Mike