Thread: My new fishing platform

Default My new fishing platform

Picked up a 2012 Ocean Kayak Trident 13 to explore the ocean, delta, rivers, and bigger lakes. Mainly got it to fish in the ocean and to drop some crab traps. In smaller water I will still mostly use my float tube which I love, but when I am in a place that is a lot bigger I now have something to get to further destinations. I plan to mount a fish finder this week along with some custom racks. It already has a rudder and some scotty mounts hooked up to it.

I might have to get a bigger car now. Does this kayak make my car look small?

So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

I like it......

You could get into some little places in the Delta with that.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Turn it sideways and go fast enough, you might be able to take flight...
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

That looks GREAT...where's the trolling motor go? It really does look nice...should prove to be a lot of fun. And guiding over those weed beds instead of trying to kick through them should be a real plus. When's the crab feed?

Pete
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach

Your car looks silly under that fine boat! Can you pull into the garage with it on top? Good times in the future exploring new places. Very nice! Bill

Scott,

You're going to want to check out the NorCal Kayak Anglers (ncka.org) forum, if you haven't already.

I really liked the Prowler 13 as a freshwater boat, and the Trident is very much in the same vein.

Scott

k9, I am actually a little worried about crosswinds. I'll see if it is an issue when I go over the passes on the way to the coast.

Pete, you can put a trolling motor on the back, they make a kit just for kayaks. But I am all about the great workout I am going to get.

Bill, it does not fit in the garage. I tried, trust me.

Scott, I actually got the kayak from a member of NCKA which I am also a member of.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>