Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ugly side of the Trinity

Unhappy The Ugly side of the Trinity

My sticks were stolen from our campsite this morning.

We were staying at Pigeon Point campground and sleeping in my campover camper.
    Somebody came into camp while we were sleeping between 11pm last night and 6am this morning(Nov 2) and took 2 of my sticks that were leaning against my camper. I know, I know, I was asking for it, but I just didn't think some low life sumbag would come around. Hard lesson learned!
    If you guys wouldn't mind keeping a eye out for a 7/8 11' Meiser switch rod blank build. It has a custom wooden bottom handle and the 3rd eye up from the bottom was broken. It was matched up with a Spey company 4" circle reel. The 2nd rod was a 9'6" XMG Lamiglas bait stick with a all graphite handle. It was matched up with a black Abu Garcia Revo reel. The set-up looked like a rod Darth Vader would have.
    I talked with the Weaverville sheiff's dept. and they send break-in are quite common out there.
    I also talked with the other campers and nobody saw anything. Everyone I talked with were very surprised. They had all there gear left out too.
    So watch your stuff guys. Write down any serial numbers on your valuables just in case you get ripped off too.
    It's hard to believe there's dicks out in such a beautiful place.
    Thanks guys
    PS, fishing was good and we caught fish everyday swinging flies.

That just sucks and sorry to hear that. Been a victim my self and oh how I would love to stick a hot poker in the eye of scum like that or just take one of there thumbs off with cheese grater! I will keep my eyes and ears out for you. Glad to hear you got into some fish.

I posted this on a board where a couple of guys I know read regularly and live in the Trinity area. I really hate thieves and would fully support the Muslim tradition of chopping the hands off of someone caught stealing like this.

M,

Sorry to hear about this dude, at least the bastards didn't get the Dredger too. I don't know if it's the internet and hearing about more incidents like this or it just happens more often but I find myself becoming increasingly more paranoid about vehicle safety and breakins.

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. That really sucks! I hope that one way or another you get your stuff back (a long shot, but it certainly happens sometimes). Either way that really is a buzzkill to say the least; you're out there in a beautiful place trying to live in another kind of reality without the stresses of our modern city life, soaking it all in ... then some idiot rips you off.

I was a bit surprised to here that the sherif said this was common in the area. I've left rods on my roof while camping on the Trinity, and left kayaks on the roof of a vehicle, extra gear in tents or backseats etc. Never had a problem. Thanks for spreading the word on this, I guess that's just one more place I need to rethink how much stuff I bring up with me and how I can secure it while I'm out fishing. Really hope that they catch the thieves, and that you hopefully get your stuff back too
    JB

Thanks Charlie, I ready appreciate that.
    What really pi....s me off, is they were crazy enough to come into our camp while we were sleeping to steal my stuff. AAAWWW!

Golfish, I know they didn't get my Dredger but my Meiser was my first love....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CircleSpeyPurple Peril.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	5767Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hell ya!.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	5768Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The release.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	5769Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stolen Lamiglas&AbuGaricaRevo.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	5770

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. That really sucks! I hope that one way or another you get your stuff back (a long shot, but it certainly happens sometimes). Either way that really is a buzzkill to say the least; you're out there in a beautiful place trying to live in another kind of reality without the stresses of our modern city life, soaking it all in ... then some idiot rips you off.

I was a bit surprised to here that the sherif said this was common in the area. I've left rods on my roof while camping on the Trinity, and left kayaks on the roof of a vehicle, extra gear in tents or backseats etc. Never had a problem. Thanks for spreading the word on this, I guess that's just one more place I need to rethink how much stuff I bring up with me and how I can secure it while I'm out fishing. Really hope that they catch the thieves, and that you hopefully get your stuff back too
    JB
    That's exactly how I felt. What's funny is several days earlier I noticed a bunch of people leaving their rod mounts on their vehicles while fishing. I thought to myself how awesome this area is for people not have to worry about thieves. I guess I was wrong.

I lost stuff at night time while RVing on the coast too. I guess thaty we just can't leave anything outside?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Have heard reports about some behavioral problems over the years on the Klamath. If it's druggies,
    you would think the gear would surface.
    Hope you have some good news.
    Best,
    Larry S

Sorry to hear it .

When I used to fish that area (late 70's , early 80's) , just about everyone at P.P. was doing the combo Deer hunt/Steelhead trip . No one would have thought about creepin' around your campsite , considering that Bears were around and everyone had a loaded Gun in the camper or tent !

D.~