Thread: Review: Andy Guibord Lessons

Default Review: Andy Guibord Lessons

Hi Forum,

I'm a newbie at fly fishing. I knew one thing before starting, I wanted to a build a strong foundation from the start. Therefore, I called up Andy Guibord. I got his number from this website. I just wanted to let everyone know that Andy is a great instructor. Our main focus was casting and I now know that no video/written instructions in the world will replace an expert trainer working one on one with you through each of your movements. In about an hour and at a very reasonable price, I've built some well needed structure into my casts. Regarding Andy, he was incredibly patient and knowledgeable. His passion for the sport is also very contagious. I had such a good time I thought that he deserves a shout out. He didn't ask for a review but I'm sure he'll appreciate it. I look forward to working with Andy again soon. Thanks, Andy!!

Jerry

Andy has mentored many people over the past several decades at our fly shop.

He lives for fly fishing, fly tying, and photography.

When is working at the shop on most every Friday, Saturday and Sunday if you want to come in an see him.

The rest of the time he is guiding locally or teaching or working on a photography project.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

I did work with another person who was in Andy's league. It was about 40 years ago when I worked at 'West Capitol Rod & Gun' in West Sacramento. That was Ronnie Knopp who I would classify as a true outdoorsman from the Greatest Generation. Ronnie was a famous local hunter and fisherman of all types. Like Andy, Ronnie never married so he could hunt and fish every day of his life.

Ronnie was a renound duck hunter who could call ducks in by mouth and knock them down better than most. He use to go up to one of those big famou$$$ duck clubs in the Butte Sink with one of our customers who was a member. He was invited because the two of them could be back first into the club house with two limits of big ducks before anyone else.

Ronnie fly fished and could cast an old bait casting rod better than most too. Many people came to our bait shop just to see Ronnie because someone told them to.

I don't think many like Ronnie exist anymore.....those were different times that he grew up in.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........