Wind blows calimari shows
On our return one day after enjoying more than a week of perfect weather and great fishing I leaned over and told Diego this is not going to last forever. I knew the great conditions would change but had no idea how soon that change would come. No sooner were the words out of my mouth and the following day our first blow from the North came with vengeance.

We experienced a two day blow from the North which shut the bite down. One day we were on top of the world and the next had to work hard in miserable conditions to scratch out a bite. Then Hurricane Paul started to form below us in the Pacific. North winds subsided and it started to rain.

This is one of the strangest weather situations I have ever seen. All at the same time we had our first winter type conditions with wind from the North. At the same time a summer time hurricane was coming our way from the South. Naturally the force of the chubasco prevailed. We dodged another bullet as Paul is skirting by us in the Pacific but not without dumping several inches of rain.

As luck would have it this hard weather showed up just in time to greet the "Tuna Shoot Out" tournament where only one tuna was brought to the scale for 60 boats.

Thursday the Lynn Rose charity tournament begins. I have an ace that gives me confidence the weather will clear and the fish will bite. "Mr Lucky" Accurate Jack is coming to town for the event.

While all this weird weather phenomena is happening giant humbolt squid that have been absent for 2 years have reappeared. Go figure?

I have posted some pretty cool photos captured earlier this week

Sailfish went balistic

Love those happy faces

It is always a treat to have Kevin Rerden. He is about as fun as they come

Kevin McLane made the best of hard weather and his sons did catch some fish. They also sighted a whale shark, breaching humpback whales and several sea turtles.

A wahoo sliced this bait in two with it's razor sharp teeth

Boats gather in the moring just off Buena Vista to catch giant squid

Catching squid has become easy

Well, not that easy for some. If the handle won't turn use both hands. What ever works!

For the latest East Cape conditions "like"
www.facebook.com/JenWrenSportfishing

Mark Rayor
teamjenwren.com
markrayor.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/JenWrenSportfishing
US cell 310 308 5841