Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid Lake ?

Quote Originally Posted by gene goss View Post
    I found this web. site that talks about fishing this time of the year.....does anyone know the water temp. for pyramid lake?
    http://www.pyramidlakefisheries.org/.../fishtips.html
    Wow, trophy trout indeed. Very impressive, need to get up and put in some time up there at some point.

ANyone been out since the last big rain storm?

A friend & I fished Warriors Saturday on ladders from sunrise til dark & only landed one. My friend had a couple other hookups but overall the shore fishing was slow. There were a couple guys in kayaks who caught a few and I saw another guy on a ladder catch 1. When we stopped by Cabelas on Friday evening Bob in the fly shop said he was out earlier in the week at Warriors & the guys in pontoons/float tubes/kayaks were catching more than the guys on shore. That seemed to be what we noticed too.

We stayed at Crosby Lodge & then headed over to Lake Davis today & only caught 1 there as well. The water at Davis was a couple feet higher & muddier than last month. Not much fish action this weekend but still better than sitting at home

Bump...anyone out at pyramid lately?

Quote Originally Posted by gangster View Post
    Bump...anyone out at pyramid lately?
    Colder yesterday, landed only one. Today was nicer weather (still cold though) but no fish. Talked to a guy who fished the same spot earlier this morning and he was spin fishing said he caught a few casting a rapala diver, didn't help me since I was casting wooly worms and beetles.

So still pretty slow w/ the occasional toad. Thanks for the reply bartly. Lets all hope for a spring chalk full of good days and big fish.

Any reports on fishing recently? Thinking of heading up....but all of the usual sites with reports like Bulldog's are silent.

Two skunked last Monday from shore. Not sure what to say about it... very few folk were out so I can't even give a voyeuristic report. It feels like we're warming with a few nice days in a row, but it seems like the fish are out. Some sort of front coming in this weekend.

I have been hearing some real good reports for the last couple of weeks. Not tons of fish, but big fish.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Just put the new report up Lando. Look under the general fly fishing section or go to pyramidlakeflyfishing.com

Thanks for keeping me honest. I am heading out to the lake again tomorrow. Too many big fish being landed to not give it a try.