Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid Lake ?

Default Pyramid Lake ?

Thinking about going up to Pyramid next week, has anyone been fishing it?

Haven't been myself but saw this (along with a couple pics of very big fish).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PyramidCreel_10-9-12.jpg 
Views:	2390 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	5128  

Default Pyramid Lake Report

Gene,

So far the fly fishing reports have been as expected. After a very warm summer and early fall the water is still very warm. This usually keeps fish in a little deeper water as is the case now. The boaters are catching a bunch of fish in 20-40 feet of water trolling. As for fly fishermen, the best reports have been coming from Pontoon Boats and Float Tubes. There are schools of Tui Chubs schooled up on varoius beaches and there are some Cutty's around them. Fast sinking lines and Minnow Patterns are your best bet. There are some locals fishing the lake. We have our die hards like anywhere else. If you can find some Float Tubers with Nevada license Plates you are on the right track.

More to come on the Creel Report at a later date.

www.pyramidlakeflyfishing.com

Thanks for the info.....i like to fish Pyramid in the fall from my float tube with a sinking line and a cold beer for the warm day.

A 20# fish was caught from shore at Popcorn this week. There have been lots of fish over 10# caught so far this season.

Jay
    [url]www.northernsierraflyfishing.blogspot.com[/url]
    [url]www.jayclarkflyfishing.com[/url]
    Jay Clark Fly Fishing
    530 414 1655

"Offering guided fly fishing trips for trout in the Northern Sierra and beyond"

i had a rough day with only 2 rats landed....the guys tossing spoons were kickn my ass

Default retrieve speeds

Sometimes when I see the spoons working well and the boaters doing well trolling, I will retrieve my flies much faster. I have had days when I had to tuck the rod between my legs and strip with both hands to get fish to react.

Anyway - It is still a little tough to be stuck on shore and not be covering as much water as the spooners

It's pretty cool to have fly fishing guides who live up that way giving us cutting edge info....

Thanks guys.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Hows the bite now?

I just fished the North end of the lake, and briefly at Wino beach this past weekend. I brought a conventional guy with me tossing spoons and he out fished me four to one. They are still holding pretty far out, and the ones that are eating want the presentation to be very fast. I had about six followers all the way from the depths to the ladder, they all turned away from the fly at the final second while I dangled it there save for one. I would wait for a couple more cold snaps and some grey skies and wind...or even snow. Float tubers were doing "okay"...but I have seen much better out there. Trollers in boats are sitting in pretty tall cotton. Big zebra midge hatch at around nine AM, and again at five pm, and it did seem to bring a fish or two in.
    "No matter how hard you try bro, you just can't turn a douche into a rose." (Anonymous)