Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunrise Car Break-in

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Alessio View Post
    From My Life Experience of working at Sportsmans Warehouse
    Tinfoil hat department?

Thats it folks, no more political asshattery.

Back on subject we did hear the parkway got funded for a couple more rangers a year or so back and things did seem to be a little better. I've personally seen them more often, but obviously they can't prevent it all.

Bummed to hear this. I was planning to start fishing a few mornings each month for the winter run, but I just bought a new truck that will have a brief case, gym bag, and other things left in it as I need to take them to work. Now I'm reconsidering...
    A.K.A. Colfaxtroutman

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    Tinfoil hat department?

Back on subject we did hear the parkway got funded for a couple more rangers a year or so back and things did seem to be a little better. I've personally seen them more often, but obviously they can't prevent it all.
    Were those rangers out dog hunting?

As an aside, I've seen them too. And common sense when living in a big city is probably the most important. There are things one can do to minimize potential for break-ins.

Obviously nothing can assure you of your vehicle's safety....but you can certainly minimize your chances of getting broken into.

Default FYI

Jed,
    Think you are referencing the wrong Frank. Frank R was the break-in victim.
    Frank A - good luck to you with your move. Sincerely.
    Best to all Kiene folks and down with the low lifers!
    Larry S
    Last edited by Larry S; 10-01-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by DFrink View Post
    Bummed to hear this. I was planning to start fishing a few mornings each month for the winter run, but I just bought a new truck that will have a brief case, gym bag, and other things left in it as I need to take them to work. Now I'm reconsidering...
    Plenty of safer places to park, paradise, on the street at watt, ancil hoffman, sacramento bar etc.

Frank R., that sucks. Was your first parking spot in a low-visiblity area?

I arrived and parked right next to your car at the easternmost section of the parking lot around 5:30 and saw the hole (back right window, right?) (I had the silver Pathfinder). I guess that was you and some other guy on the deep side of the island spey casting. You left just as I was walking back in around 7:30 or so.

Thanks.

Paul
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

Sorry to hear about the break in. Did you park on the north side or the south side?

Default seven cars

In the last 5 months i have seen seven cars broken into at sunrise, on friday I spoke with a ranger; he said that sunrise is the worst in the system for break ins and that all parks with bike path access are really bad.

I received my break in at Watt. I decided to park away (200 yds) from other cars to lessen the likelihood of dings in my MDX. WRONG! Charlie G got one after we launched at Sunrise once. The miscreants broke his window but didn't take anything from his truck! Certainly curtailed my trips to Sac. Sorry about your luck Frank R. Hope your move is pleasant Frank A.

Mike O Guest

Why not use the dogs to track the a-holes?