Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunrise Car Break-in

Default Sunrise Car Break-in

Went Steelhead fishing tonight at Sunrise. I parked on the far east side and had my rear right window smashed. They could not getanything and I didn't have mush in the rear area, Sucks!! I only fished that area for 1 hour so it happened between 4 and 5.
    Moved the car to the first lot east of the boat ramp and fished the east island. Got one nice tug and I think I pulled the hook right out of his mouth, I was a little pissed car the car incident.

Frank

Sure does make for a relaxing fishing experience when you know your shit is not safe... Sorry but it is true....All I can say is drive a beater and forgetaboutit....

Bummer Frank R, I like to think the other side (Sacramento Bar) is a little safer albeit super inconvenient if fishing the upper sunrise runs.

AAron... I have bought not only a county parking pass but a launch pass for the last 10 years maybe more and not even fished the shad run in years because it is not safe to park a nice truck...I do not think of fishing Rossmore... That would be insane... Do not worry about the bummer this is my last Few months in California.. I love my home State and always will... But the Liberals have ruined it for all of us....

The problem is not only happening in the parkway. One of the cars belonging to a member in my running group was also broken into today in a business parking lot on Howe Ave. They took a tennis racquet and a gym bag and left a lap top sitting right next to the other items!

Sorry to hear that Frank & Terry. This brings back memories of when I got cleaned out at upper sunrise years ago. Oh how I would love to kick those bastards teeth in! Seriously, I don't know what I would do if I caught someone in the act... Still pissed that scum was in my vehicle, almost feel violated.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Alessio View Post
    AAron... I have bought not only a county parking pass but a launch pass for the last 10 years maybe more and not even fished the shad run in years because it is not safe to park a nice truck...I do not think of fishing Rossmore... That would be insane... Do not worry about the bummer this is my last Few months in California.. I love my home State and always will... But the Liberals have ruined it for all of us....
    C'mon Frank this is in no way related to partisan politics. I'm pretty damn liberal myself but that doesn't mean I wouldn't castrate a perp with a dull knife if I caught him breaking into a car in the parkway. I've popped more caps than most "conservatives" have seen, and by far the best "outdoorsmen" that I've ever known have been left leaning also. Ignore the media and just go with personal experience.

To the other Frank, don't know about your politics and don't care.
    But that really sucks. I had my car broken into years ago in the same spot. Totally bummed but lesson learned. Leave nothing in the vehicle. I mean nothing. No towells or blankets that may hide something. No jackets spread out covering anything. No laptops. Nothing. Clean your rig out totally before parking down there. It's just what we have to do. Make it really obvious that nothing of value has been left in the vehicle.
    I know, now that the horse has escaped. Sorry.

And on a lighter note, have you been mtn quail hunting yet?

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Default Really sorry to hear that

Damn that sucks man! I've had a few issues with break ins down on the lower American myself over the years, and am very hesitant to fish there because of it. I don't know what more you can do other than drive a beater and leave it empty (as suggested). Some additional patrolling would be nice but I'm guessing there's next to no chance of that happening soon, given that there have been well known issues there for years...

Not sure why anyone would want to mix a political argument into this either; personally I could care less what the political leanings of any lowlife thief and somehow I doubt that those thieves care much about the political views of the owners of any of those cars they break into... Either way it sucks that there are those types of folks out there who prey on innocently parked cars, and very unfortunate to have to experience that when you're out trying to enjoy an evening fishing on the river.

P.S. I still would LOVE to rig up an electrical shock system to my car for just such a person... but alas I'm pretty certain that would be illegal...
    JB

Ed I know you love Hunting with you Bird Dog...I know a lot of Hounsmen who are down right broken hearted to have had the use of their Hounds outlawed for Bear hunting... What you probably do not know is that If your dog runsa Bear out of your camp site CADFG has the authority to shoot your Dog..I am sorry for all of this and My Spelling it is too hard to go back and fix....From My Life Experience of working at Sportsmans Warehouse, We have the Luxury of having an on site Government trapper...He tells me that the Bird dogs may be next on the hit list... This is the price we pay living in a ONe Party State.....I will not respond to futher posts on this because it will not change anything.....

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Alessio View Post
    Ed I know you love Hunting with you Bird Dog...I know a lot of Hounsmen who are down right broken hearted to have had the use of their Hounds outlawed for Bear hunting... What you probably do not know is that If your dog runsa Bear out of your camp site CADFG has the authority to shoot your Dog..I am sorry for all of this and My Spelling it is too hard to go back and fix....From My Life Experience of working at Sportsmans Warehouse, We have the Luxury of having an on site Government trapper...He tells me that the Bird dogs may be next on the hit list... This is the price we pay living in a ONe Party State.....I will not respond to futher posts on this because it will not change anything.....
    Frank,

Please let me know how having a republican senate, assembly, and governor would have helped your car from getting broken into along the parkway.

I'm dying to know.

Jed