Thread: Louisiana redfish ?'s

Default Louisiana redfish ?'s

Thinking about going on my first official saltwater trip. I know that there are lots of options but for some reason I’m stuck on targeting redfish in the salty marsh. My wife will be tagging along to hang-out, take pics and hopefully reel in a fish or two. Timeframe will be last week of Nov to first 2 weeks of Dec.
    Some questions:
    1. How’s the fishing at that time?
    2. Is weather a big variable?
    3. Redfish-specific tackle? (I have several 8, 9wt rods, ROS floaters and intermediates)
    4. Casting practice? (I'm assuming this is mostly a sight-fishing game)
    5. Guide / outfitter recommendations?
    6. Lodging / entertainment recommendations?

I’ve heard good things about Uptown Anglers in New Orleans and plan on contacting them.
    Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Mar

Default redfish

Hey Mar,
    Tony Bozolich and I are headed down Nov.15-20 we will be staying in New Orleans and our Guide will pick us up at our hotel makes it real easy.Lots of hotels to chose from we will be fishing with Capt. Greg Moon we fished with him last year and he did a great job!!!As long as you don't stay inside the french quarter he will pick you up.Nov. is a good time for the big bull reds I'm taking an 8wt. 9wt. and 10wt. hopefully all I will need is the 10 wt.Weather is iffy but if you don't go you don't know.I will use what ever fly Greg gives me he knows what works.You can check his web site:

www.louisianaflyfishingcharters.com

Hope this helps.
    Jim May

Thanks for the info Jim. That really helps. Still going through the research process right now. As soon as all the details are ironed out, will pull the trigger.