Thread: Recommendation on AR half pounder area

Default Recommendation on AR half pounder area

I just bought a new Sage TCX 5119 (hi Mar ) and a Abel Switch reel from Kienes and I am dying to try swinging some flies on the AR.

Can anyone recommend a good starting area to try. Any recommendation on flies?

Not trying to get your secret spots. I'm just interested in starting out in the right area.

Thanks!

Bill

Bill,

Conact Andy Guibord and spend a day or half day with him. He will help you learn the best areas on the American to swing. I went out with Andy earlier this week, it was an incredible learning experience.

Good Luck,

Craig

Bill, go to the riffle upstream of Watt ave. bridge on the south side and fish all the way down below the bridge to the bottom of the island. That is some good swinging water and the steel like holding in those clay garden fields. Try a type 3 while the sun is up, any faster sink will hang up on the clay and when the sun is off the water go with a floater. Olive or tan soft hackles or olive / brown streamer type buggers. Good luck with that new stick!

Hey thanks guys!

Craig, definitely will call Andy. I've been on two striper trips with him and I now know some secret spots for those bad boys.

Actually, probably half the population of Sacramento knows those spots as well.

fyshhead, thanks for the detail info. Will try that area. Although last time I was at Watt, there were 3 guys swimming and 4-5 kids throwing rocks into the water.

Try to fish early and/or late in the day.....
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........