Thread: Feather river drowning

Default Feather river drowning

A good friend of my fathers was out today at the thermo outlet. He said that a fisherman was trying to cross from the first island to the lower island, and being the water is up at 6k cf he couldn't make it and went under. Then a younger kid jumped in that came out there about 40 minutes later and pulled his body out.

The river is crazy and people that fish at the outlet or below need to really watch out when the river is high. Actually its all rivers. When they rage with water you will have to really watch your step!
    Last edited by winxp_man; 10-06-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Default Drowning tragedy

This really highlights the need for PFDs when wading in difficult conditions. I have a friend who takes more chances than I dare to. He actually makes some choices that make me uncomfortable because I would have to go in after him. There are several high quality PDFs out there now that you can wear that are barely noticeable. If you're going to be risky when wading at least stack the odds in your favour by giving yourself an 'out'.

Well it turns out the guy is not dead. I guess the cold water helped him out here is the full story.
    I felt bummed out to hear that he died but I guess he didn't die in the end but is in critical condition. Hope he makes it back to health.

http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_21715...this-afternoon
    Aron-

Default Disgusted!

People who had an opportunity to save them just kept fishing? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? That's the worst thing I've ever read. If that's accurate, then SHAME on those people. That's absolutley disgusting!

Quote Originally Posted by Alosa View Post
    People who had an opportunity to save them just kept fishing? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? That's the worst thing I've ever read. If that's accurate, then SHAME on those people. That's absolutley disgusting!
    Thats very very accurate. My fathers friend was there but was way out of reach. Just like the report says the friend also saw a person cast like nothing was going on and was really close to the incident.
    Aron-