Thread: First Hatch Report Baja day 2

Default First Hatch Report Baja day 2

Sorry about yesterdays short report-There may have been some drinking lats night after day 1.
    Day 2 for my crew was good. We fished inshore before meeting the bait brothers. We had fun with Green Jack - (Sabalo) Lady Fish and a few Roosters. We got bait and all went our separate ways. My boat discussed the options for the day with our Captain, go out 3 to 5 miles and search for the Blue Bonita with the Skippies or head out in search for Dorado. We chose the later and headed strait for the shark buoys.
    We found nothing. The radio went off and we heard from another one our Captains that they were in a "wide open" Blue Bonita and Skipjack bite. We raced over and met them and it was a site to be seen. The other two boats were both hooked up with doubles and we were immediately rewarded with hook ups on our first or second casts. There were breezing and boiling Blue Bonita and Skipjack all around us. A big 50# class DoDo was crashing and a sailfish was seen getting into the action also. The Sail sounded and the big Dorado teased all three of the boats before getting hooked and lost (Ranchero) by one of our crew,who will remain nameless. The rest of us hooked 80 to a 100 Skippies and Blue Bonita and had an epic morning. We all went our ways again and scored on Dorado sporadicly. My boat only had one shot an I F'd it up classically with a nice knot in my line. Several others in our group had better luck with up to 6 hook ups on Dorado to 20#. We all ended our day fishing inshore and had a good time catching small fish of all kinds. Thanks Gary Bulla.
    HATCH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B 2 1.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	5066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B 2 2.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	5067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b 2 4 .JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	5068   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B 2 5.JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	5069   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B 2 7.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	5070  

I like that first photo......$$$$$$$$$$$
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

so is Efren your captain for the whole week. I'm hoping the bad weather stays out of the area and goes out to sea.
    Can't wait to get there, just a few more days. Looks to be better than May and June with fish and bait. I"ll bet the Canelo Bro's are happy to be back netting the bait.
    Did you get any wig hair bait fish patterns tied up?

Talk at you later

Jay