Thread: Good to Get Out

Talking Good to Get Out

For the last month or so I haven't gotten out on the water at all. I've been in the hospital and home recooping from a blood disorder and I've been going nuts sitting in this damn easy chair watching way too much TV and getting older by the minute. I don't sit very well doing nothing.

Last week I had enough sitting and told my wife I was leaving and going fishing. "Not by yourself you're Not" she says. So, I call my buddy Bill. "Take me down to the river. I gotta get out of this chair and do something on the water". So off we go to Boyd's and what a wonderful site and smell it is to see the river and smell the cottenwoods in the air. I really didn't care about fishing but I just had to get out and excercise and move my arms a little.

We fished a little, and after two hours of casting I got one grab. One nice little three pound striper that just about beat me to death. It was all I could do to get this little guy into the boat. Wow! That felt GOOD, and I'm shaking like crazy. But, I got out of that damn chair.

Today, another one of buddies took me out again, this time over to Tisdale. Ahhhhhh the same early morning smell of the water. There's a lot more water moving here and maybe we'll luck into a couple of fish so off we go. Right away I spot bait busting the rocks on an opposite shore. We move over and I hook up after only a couple of casts to a small schoolie. BINGO! (my favorite saying) I've already matched last week's outing, and it feels so good to get out again.

We drift down our wall with great expectations but things are slow. A few small grabs but nothing to count. I change flies to something with a little more flash as the sun has just started to touch the water.

"Let's try it over here for change" and we move to an old spot we don't often fish. I make two casts and "BINGO" a big grab. Oooh! This is a good fish. And I'm shaking from the meds I'm taking, and Bob's yelling to get up front and he'll take the motor. "Get away from the pumps" I yell, "and get us into the middle of the middle of the river". Kind of the proverbial Chinese Firedrill thing onboard until we get under control.

I'm immediately on the reel which helped a lot as we drift downstream with our fish. Still using my 8 weight this fish is all I can handle but soon enough she comes up and into the net. I'm still shaking. My arms are noodles and I can hardly lift her. Twenty-three pounds on the Boga
    Tony

Last edited by Tony Buzolich; 09-21-2012 at 05:46 AM.
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Default Holy Moly!

Nice fish Tony.

You do better weak as a babe than most of us could do at full strength.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Thumbs up Stripahs....

WOW!!!! Thasa soma Stripah!!! Great photo, too....

Feels great to get out of the house doesn't it. I'm getting tired of all of the attention I get from the medical community, myself. Seems like when they get their hands on you they just don't want to let go. Hard to schedule trips when 3 out of the next 5 weekdays I'm scheduled for medical appointments.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Now that's what I call physical therapy! Way to go.

Default Nice Job, Tony.

Glad you got out. Between scouts, cross-country meets, doctor appts, work on the farm... I'm still trying to get out. You are the envy!

Tracy
    When all else fails, put down the pole and swim with the dog.

Default Nice feesh

Tony
    When are you going to be strong enough to take me fishin'?
    Swanee

Thumbs up Thanks Guys

Thanks for all the words of encouragement guys. I've been getting out but only for a couple of hours at a time usually in the early early AM. I try and get off the water by 9:00 and head home. Fish have usually dropped deep by then anyway. Got one and lost a good one this morning right in the falls at Shanghai. Not many but they're still around. Last week another buddy took a 36lber. at 11:00PM. Big Full Moon fish.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180