Thread: bonefish in Morro Bay?

Default bonefish in Morro Bay?

It's inside their (official) range

Question Bonefish....

I guess there could be some there but if there were I think someone would've caught one with all of the people who fish that place. The guy to ask about it would be Lee Baer. Check out his website for an e-mail address:

http://www.flyfishthesurf.com

Lee is a guide in the Ventura/Santa Barbara area.

A really good one was Hole in the Wall Fly Shop in San Luis Obispo. The owners first name is Eric. Don't know his last name. Maybe someone else can help with that. Lots of info about the Morro Bay area but his website is down. Don't know if his shop is still open or not.

The city of Morro Bay has a website that has some info about fishing the harbor on it. There're two piers inside the harbor plus surf all around it. Give it a try.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

The furthest north I've heard of one caught was in Ventura harbor and that was a single fish one time.
    San Diego has an established population that isn't huge in numbers or size.
    I believe most of those are blind caught as well.

The closest thing we have to sight fishing down here are corbina.
    There are also the spotfin croaker down in San Diego.

I believe Hole in the Wall is gone now Darian.

-Paul

Unhappy hole in the Wall....

Doggone it.... The owner of that shop had a lot of good info and some interesting ideas on fly design. Too bad....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I believe Hole in the Wall is gone. It was run by a gent named Britt Phillips. You may be able to find info under his name in a search.

I would be really curious to see a bone in MB. I have caught both steelhead and striper right in front of the rock but have neither seen nor heard of a bone fish in that area. Very interesting.