Thread: Butt Lake: SWEET!!!

Default Butt Lake: SWEET!!!

Huntindog nailed it!

Our family diverted from SF to Alamnor area yesterday,as the hostel we wanted to stay in had no openeings. I was really curious to see for myself what the place looked like.

The lake is fine. There are a few patches of torched trees scattered among the west side and maybe a bald spot or two on the ridges, but the forest looks excellent. As the 'Dog said, it was just what the forest needed. The ground was black on the east side and it looks like they fired it out from the dam to the powerhouse and only the ground fuels were destroyed. There still are people compalining about the damage, lack of use of DC-10's, but i was amazed at how many locals have not been down to the lake. I was indeed tickled!

We did not make it into Yellow Creek and the camp ground there is closed. Seneca Rd, is open from #89, but closed going uphill from Caribou power house. There's a few hot spots lingering, but USFS will be ob them from the ground and air until the rains/snow arrive.

That is all!

Tracy
    When all else fails, put down the pole and swim with the dog.

The BIG question.....................was the powerhouse running?
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.