Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Truckee -- 30" Brown

Wait...am I the pig or is it that 30" fish? I'm confused...
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com

What a fish. Congrats.

I dont care who is "the man." I follow Matt's blog regularly, and he consistently puts his client on big fish. A buddy of mine even called him up one day to arrange booking a trip with him and although Matt had other previous engagements, he was kind enough to give my friend a number of pointers and places to check out. My buddy ended up having a great day. Matt is a class act.

Great fish! hopefully many of us will join that club (that's my way of praying for a 30" myself )

Quote Originally Posted by CEM View Post
    Ralph, I hope you don't mind a newcomer replying to your last post.
    Chuck
    I don't mind at all. Your input is appreciated. I see you are from Nevada City, perhaps we can wet a line on the Yuba when we get back from Montana later in the fall.

Default Wow!

I thought all the "my genital organ is bigger than yours" comments occurred on the steelhead threads... I feel like a child going to his first communion after following this thread! I promise to visit the trout threads more often!!!
    Personally I am just glad that guys, guides as well as fishers, get out there and are interested enough to figure out how to make fish, among them some very large ones take the fly!
    Those big Truckee browns look so much like their cousins, Atlantic salmon...
    Like I said "Wow!"

Quote Originally Posted by Don Powell View Post
    I thought all the "my genital organ is bigger than yours" comments occurred on the steelhead threads...
    My thoughts exactly. Nice job people.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

[QUOTE=Ralph;122090]I don't mind at all. Your input is appreciated. I see you are from Nevada City, perhaps we can wet a line on the Yuba when we get back from Montana later in the fall.[/QUO

Thanks Ralph, that sounds nice.
    Good luck in Montana. I attended school in Bozeman many moons ago. Between football practice and fishing, I'm afraid I didn't get much studying done. It certainly is a special place.
    Chuck

[QUOTE=CEM;122291]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Good luck in Montana. I attended school in Bozeman many moons ago. Between football practice and fishing, I'm afraid I didn't get much studying done. It certainly is a special place.
    Chuck
    Funny i had these same problems in bozeman...except it was elk rather than football ....the R Bar and the Crystal didnt help

Big browns hate me this year.(last year they didnt) Rainbows seem to like me, but this year those damn browns must smell me comin' a mile off. Whatever. I think Im just gonna go carpin instead. They seem to appreciate how I smell.
    Last edited by Dan LeCount; 09-01-2012 at 02:59 PM.