Thread: More oiuttings for the message board group?

Default More oiuttings for the message board group?

I will be semi-retiring on January 1, 2013 so maybe we can have more time to plan some little Kiene's BB outings. I will still be working part time at the shop though...

I also plan on fishing the Lower American River more for what ever...

I also want to offer my services next year to meet new comers to the sport at the river to help them with their casting and fishing too. Years ago when I was single I was able to go down after work all the time so I was able to help more people get started.

In the shop you can only do so much for people but on the river with water it is easy to get them going.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default More outings for the message group

Great idea, Bill.

Five years ago a board outing in the Delta introduced me to Striper fishing. That weekend started me down the path to a new addiction and I met some great folks with whom I have since fished many times (not just for Stripers, but for bass and small stream trout too). Now I've got multiple 7- and 8-weight rods, and boxes full of clousers, whistlers, poppers, and pole dancers, plus lots of great memories of days I have spent on the water with my dad and my friends. (Thanks again Paul and Robin Egan for the ride and instruction on that Saturday and multiple follow up trips since, and to Jerry Neuburger (Jerry in Lodi) for the instructive ride that Sunday that turned into a great tour of the Central Delta.

I've met a few other BB members since at shop events and would enjoy more opportunities to fish with both the greatly experienced and the less experienced who participate here. It's always fun to learn from the former and to pay it forward to the latter.

If you are planning multiple outings, I would suggest a mixture of day trips and over nighters. The two Delta outings were particularly great because so many stayed not only for the Saturday afternoon BBQs but for the long evening BS session over beers.

The second time we did it, I joined a bunch of guys over breakfast before we attacked Piper Slough in a flotilla of small craft (pontoons, prams, and my 12-foot boat).

Mike
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.