Thread: Lamiglas Infinity SI rods - know anything about them?

Default Lamiglas Infinity SI rods - know anything about them?

It's been a long time since I've even heard anything on Lamiglas rods -- I used to have an old Jim Teeny 7wt that was great. I just saw that they have rolled out a new line called the Infinity SI, which uses the same 3M resin as the Loomis NRX and others. Here's a link: http://www.lamiglas.com/prod_indiv.php?groupid=68

The price looks great, but I can't find any info anywhere on the Web on these rods -- has anyone used or even heard of these rods? Seems strange that there wouldn't be a bit more buzz about them.

I would pass, there's a lot of other good established rods in that price range.

I have an old Lamiglas fiberglass rod from the late 70s and its pretty amazing for dry flies, big fish + light tippets. If you wanted to catch a 24" fish on 7x tippet, there isn't a better tool. I don't really know about any of their recent stuff though.

Cool Lamiglas Rods....

I'm like Dan, My favorite rod for Shad was a Lamiglas, 9', 7 wt., that was the old yellow glass. Slow action with a soft feel when setting up on a fish. Nice casting too. I'd still be using it if I hadn't broken it while fishing. Probably clousered to may times....

I haven't got anything to add about their new products either.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

One of my first flyrods was a Lami G1000 series 6wt, then some tweeker at upper upper sunrise needed it more than me and broke into my truck and cleaned me out. It was a great casting tool but seamed more like a 7/8 wt. Kind of wierd most of these new rods are a 2 piece. You would think at that price point they would be 4 a piece? Looks like Lamiglas needs to catch up with technology... There half way there

I used a Lamiglas 1000 series in 05 on my last Salmon trip. I ended up breaking the tip because my line wrapped around my tip. I got it back with having to pay only 55 bucks and got a whole new rod in the new red color. This rod is a really nice rod. I did have a plan on selling it when I got it new, but took it out and now decided not to sell it at all. It shoots a 400gr type 3 Shooting head perfect and at long distance.

To each their own I guess. I do like mine though.
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Better late than never...

I just purchased a Lamiglas SI spinning rod and all of my previous rods (more than 50 of them) have been GLoomis, Lamiglas, St Croix, Sage, Scott, and other high-end rods.

It is out of this world good.

And, comparing a Lamiglas SI to a G1000 is like comparing a Tibor fly reel to a Plfeuger Medalist...

Over the last several years, I've gotten away from GLoomis and gravitated toward ST. Croix but I gotta say the Lami SI is a cut above and despite the price point... will likely become my new favorite arsenal of rods (when I can afford them all, lol).

The whole line up including the switch is in 2 piece. That is a deal breaker no matter the brand. I am certain that kienes or any decent shop could put you into a better rod and even at a better price.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau