Thread: New Application....

Default New Application....

for a new power generating station at DaGuerre Point Dam on the Lower Yuba River was filed with the FERC by a Canadian firm. Apparently, the application states that it sees no need to conduct new environmental studies. Kinda sounds like the same tactic that the owners of the Pebble Mine have taken in Alaska. Check it out:

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/08/16/473...tric-plan.html

Diversion of water for power generation would be necessary and may result in de-watering of stretches to accomplish that end.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default daguerre

kind of like your last message, as there are now proposals to tear the damn thing down. Left hand/right hand. Coming from all directions. They must sense CEQA revisions on the horizon, as well as changes in our legislature's additude towards water to be that brazen in California.
    When all else fails, put down the pole and swim with the dog.

Post Yuba Power Generation....

yeah.... The article says that the company has plans to make applications to build these types of facilities in several California locations (aside rivers). The scary part of this is that rural/smaller population cities/counties might see them as job creators and revenue producers. Take Marysville, for instance. With their high unemployment rate and not much going on outside of agriculture, this type of power plant would be a god-send....

I think I read in the SacBee analysis, that proposition 31(?) on the November ballot includes a provision to modify CEQA, hidden in the bowels of the document.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown