Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Half Pounder's

I second that Dennis, thanks for the post. I would like to get my hands on a copy of that book as well. I assume Kiene's will be selling it?

That's so nice that you guys plan to make it through your adult, remedial reading classes this time! But while we all support that, we also know how ambitious it is for you, too. The link below is really for children, but given your maturity level and intellectual capacity, it might be the place to start. Good luck! We're all pullin' for ya!!!!

http://www.abcfastphonics.com/about.html

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID95670 View Post
    Speaking of new rods .... someone said they got a 2 wt spey how did it work out? Are there many 2 wt spey rods? Is a 2 wt spey basically a 4 wt switch but 1 ft longer then 11 feet?
    We cast a new "Prospector" Switch rod from Redington.

10' 6" #4 line - 4 pc = under 300 grains = $399 usd

I am getting one for this late summer / fall "Half-pounder" fishing in the Lower American River.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Question Readin....

"That's so nice that you guys plan to make it through your adult, remedial reading classes this time! But while we all support that, we also know how ambitious it is for you, too. The link below is really for children, but given your maturity level and intellectual capacity, it might be the place to start. Good luck! We're all pullin' for ya!!!!

http://www.abcfastphonics.com/about.html"

"America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Hey look at the big brains on BUBZILLA!!! Didn't think i would have to go there but with that post of yours, it really shows your maturity level.

Talking

You're right. I should have not said that. It was immature. My apologies to the other members of the board. With "brains" (plural, really?), I should have known better. Clearly you are and your compatriots are avid readers.
    Last edited by bubzilla; 08-18-2012 at 07:07 PM.

So is this a info thread for getting some steelhead on the American river or a science lab that no one really requested?

Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Wink Thread Composition....

winxp_man, Relax.... You've been around long enough to know that it's not uncommon for a thread to get "highjacked" and wander all around. Sometimes it even gets scientific and, whether asked for or not, I enjoyed reading the original posts about "half pounders" and the attempts to clarify the definition of what those two words really mean. Frankly, before this thread, I heard so many differing descriptions/explanations that I had discounted all of them....

If it offends you, you always have the option of not reading it or starting a thread of your own to ask questions. Keeping everyone on track in a BB is kinda like trying to herd cats....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    winxp_man, Relax.... You've been around long enough to know that it's not uncommon for a thread to get "highjacked" and wander all around. Sometimes it even gets scientific and, whether asked for or not, I enjoyed reading the original posts about "half pounders" and the attempts to clarify the definition of what those two words really mean. Frankly, before this thread, I heard so many differing descriptions/explanations that I had discounted all of them....

If it offends you, you always have the option of not reading it or starting a thread of your own to ask questions. Keeping everyone on track in a BB is kinda like trying to herd cats....

I'm relaxed as can be (You don't want to see me going nuts on anyone ). I just stated that we should be civilized and have some common sense when posting, and what when and where to post your thoughts I guess that's just to much to ask for.

Reason I like things organized is because you can find info your looking for easier.

You last statement gave me a good laugh.
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"