Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Half Pounder's

Smile Half Pounder's

Quite a few half pounders in the lower American right now. Noboby seems to be talking about them. Catching them on the usual Spey and Soft Hackle patterns. From Sailor all the way down to Watt. Kind of nice to swing for them and give your arm a rest throwing those huge Striper patterns.
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the size of fish that I catch, the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that no one would believe me any way".

It's getting to be that time! Bryan,whats the biggest you have landed so far? I hear there has been some 4-5 lbers caught.

Default Half Pounders

a 21-1/2 incher swinging a Euphoria on a half and half right in the middle of the day near lower Sunrise.
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the size of fish that I catch, the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that no one would believe me any way".

Bryan you rock! And on Euphoria. Never disappoints. Things have been busy. Good news, great news.

Sweet....Congrats!!!! Love those grabby

Thanks for the heads up.....late August is a traditional time to look for them.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

What color pattern you running ?
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Went to practice my spey casting the last 2 tuesdays for about and hour in the evening in the River Bend park area. one little tap tap this past tuesday while striping in the running line, that it. Using a floater with soft hackle. Byran, are you using a floater or sink tip?
    Grats on the fish, can't wait to feel the grab

Scott K

Talking Half Pounders

I am throwing a green Euphoria on a half and half MOW Tip. With the flows coming down, I'll switch to a 10 ft. floater. Also throwing green or tan Soft Hackles. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Morgan View Post
    I am throwing a green Euphoria on a half and half MOW Tip. With the flows coming down, I'll switch to a 10 ft. floater. Also throwing green or tan Soft Hackles. Good luck.
    Excellent Bryan! Thanks for the info and looking forward to hookin up with some

I will probably throw on some floating line on my 7wt rod and see what happens. Oh anyone think its possible to grab them on a 5wt rod?
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"