Thread: E C Report 9/18 & 19

Default E C Report 9/18 & 19

Fished the E Carson for two day earlier this week. The section below Hangmans was still fairly silty from the slide right above Hangmans, so we didnt head down past the bridge.

Fished the section around Wolf Creek and the section along Highway 4/89, from Highway 4 bridge down to Carson River Resort. Got only 1 fish in about 5 hours up by the Wolf Creek confluence. The section along the highway was much more productive and it was all planters. Dry/dropper was all we used and had good action on both. Water was low, but lots of good pockets runs and water was fairly cold considering the 80 degree temps outside

On Wednesday morning, the EC from Highway 89 turnoff to Heenan all the way downstream was fairly muddy and dirty. The creek coming into E Carson at that intersection was brown, so we stayed above Highway 89 turnoff.

Rafdawg_34

My wife and I were on both the W Carson and the EC early last week. Because of our ages and infirmities we fish the easy access spots along the hwy. The flows are getting pretty skinny, but we managed to catch a few at each river, mostly on caddis dries.

But what was appalling was the trash and filth that was left at these campsite and day-use areas along the EC. Doesn't anyone pick up their own trash? We hauled away some, but it would take a dumpster to hold all of it. Pigs! End of rant.

Harlan

Default you're right

the East Carson was bad. The stretch above the highway 4/89 was fairly clean, but the whole stretch along the highway was full of cans, worm containers and trash. Wish everyone used some common sense

Quote Originally Posted by Rafdawg_34 View Post
    the East Carson was bad. The stretch above the highway 4/89 was fairly clean, but the whole stretch along the highway was full of cans, worm containers and trash. Wish everyone used some common sense
    Las time I fished the East Carson along the highway I was disgusted by the levels of trash in such an otherwise beautiful and pristine place. The bottom of the river had several beer cans and there were chip bags and other bits of trash in the bushes. I also took home about 50 yards of mono that I pulled out of a bush.

Makes you wonder sometimes when you take that extra little bit of time to stuff that 6 inch tippet clipping in your picket instead of spitting it at your feet, if you're making much of a difference when you see yahoos break off a lure in a bush and just walk away leaving a huge mess behind.

(The bottle cap in my avatar isn't there for scale, the bank of the EC was covered with them)