Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big returns of salmon off California coast.

Arrow Dam Removal....

Playing Devils advocate here, If the anticipated benefits of removal of the dams on the Klamath occur, wouldn't that benefit all of the fisheries (commercial, recreational/tribal)??? Wouldn't a high tide float all boats???....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    Playing Devils advocate here, If the anticipated benefits of removal of the dams on the Klamath occur, wouldn't that benefit all of the fisheries (commercial, recreational/tribal)??? Wouldn't a high tide float all boats???....

Good point

But since the population has increased way way more then what it was back in the day there would still be a need for regulations for everyone. (commercial, personal, recreational, tribal)

I have heard plenty of people I know and even people on the rivers that say that they just cant do C&R while fishing. So this means that if given the opportunity they might catch as many as possible. We dont live back in the freaking cowboy or native American days where this was a main source of food. So no real need to really become greedy and get a fish to bring home on every trip to make it worth your while or catching everything you come across.

I understand I myself love eating fish but even at that to much is no good naturally for your body because of how contaminated the waters have become.

I will keep my ways in the end and call it a day.
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

This past week Marilyn and I were in the Santa Cruz area for a family function.

We were on the Fisherman's Warf in Santa Cruz and the pier at Capitola too.

They have been catching Stripers, White Sea Bass, Halibut and lots of Salmon in that area this summer.

While on the main warf in Santa Cruz we saw schools of bait fish just under the surface which we assumed where Anchovies.

We say a large salmon, maybe 30 pounds, cruising behind those bait fish about 4 feet under the surface. It was very exciting to see this.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Here is a photo off the deck of our firends place in Santa Cruz at the Natural Bridges State Park at the end of West Cliff Drive.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=541
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Santa Cruz 2012 029 copy.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	4876  
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com