Thread: Biscuits part 2

Default Biscuits part 2

Part 2

But it was time to get serious and go for some big fish on the Westfork of the Bitterroot on our favorite stretch of the river.

Luke in action on the west fork!

I got this nice cuttie behind the same rock where I caught the same fish two years earlier. He even fell for the same fly!

Here I am fighting my nicest fish of the trip

Here he is trying to get away from me!

And here I am with the hero shot.

It was a great feeling releasing this beautiful fish.

Luke and I both caught lots of nice fish and enjoyed all that montana has to offer.

The beer and cigars were a reward at the end of a good day.

There were lots of deer and other wildlife to enjoy.

But the trout were the stars of this story.

Here is the nicest brown I caught, 18inches so it was not a doodoo brown, Luke says they have to be at least 20 inches, so it was dubbed a "turd', but a nice one.

Browns do blend in well with their surroundings.

Luke said it was time to get down to business, so the gansta fly boys decided to fish the evening.

Luke fished a cave that he had fished two years ago and lost a huge brown. This time he hooked into this large rainbow and fought it like a champ. It was the largest fish of the trip for both of us, and boy was he proud.

It was a beauty!

Watching my 18year old son turn into a man before my eyes, well that was just Gravy! Mems.
    Don Memmer

Don,

My new favorite all time post! Can't wait for my son to grow up (actually 3 is pretty fun too)! Great looking trip and nice pic's.

Dan
    A.K.A. Colfaxtroutman

Great pics, Don.
    I'll be there the end of Sept. hoping for equal success.

Just fantastic Don! Both of your bisquit posts are epic.

Thanks for sharing

Arrow Speaking of....

biscuits and gravy, I noticed the pancake in the other post. It truly was the size of a hubcap. Kudos to you and Luke. Great trip and really nice fish.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default mahalos

Thanks guys for all the positive comments. It was a great trip. Good fun fishing for trout again. Now it is back to the salt. I got a 5lb bone yesterday that went into my backing 5 times. Trout are beautiful, but don't fight like that unless you are fishing the 1/2 wt rod. Good to be home, can't wait to get offshore again, but school starts next week. Summer was fun, hope you guys get out for some action, Don.
    Don Memmer

VERY cool! I missed going back to Montana this summer, so taking your trip vicariously with your photos was really nice. Mahalo for sharing! You start school EARLY! We have a few more weeks before we go back. No more "professional unemployment!" But a lot less time to wet a line. Oh well...
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --Jeff Lebowski

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/