Thread: Feather River combat fishing pic

Default Feather River combat fishing pic

I took this picture when I was up the feather and passed by Thermalito outlet some combat fishing And its only going to get worst as more fish come up

And while on youtube found this funny video haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ca0Oq3IMQ

Mods please move if in the wrong thread..........
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

I hate to say it, but this is a good representation of the difference between gear and flyfishermen. Gear fisherman can share water and get along

Yeah last time I fished for salmon up there(or anywhere for that matter) was 1998 and everyone fished the outlet side. There were so many people fishing shoulder to shoulder that they had a line of 3-4 guys behind that would jump in place as soon as the guy in front hooked up and moved from his spot. We went around and fished the opposite bank(where the lineup in the pic is, but almost no one fished there then) and had guys getting mad trying to bomb their lures at us only to find that I was a more adept caster when my big old mepps spinner landed in their lap. Talk about combat fishing, I think we saw 2 or 3 fights break out across the river when guys lost their spot. And all that for a beat up salmon thats only good for the smoker, whoohoo! That was the first and last time I fished the outlet, I liked fishing under the green bridge(by the bait shop) better it was alot less crowded.
    Last edited by Joe Mateas; 07-25-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Looks fun!
    A.K.A. Colfaxtroutman

Exclamation Combat Fishin'....

Ever seen or fished in the line-up below Nimbus Dam Guys fishing shoulder to shoulder. I've seen a few fights there while watching. Actually, a lot more serious action (like guns being drawn) has happened there in the past according to my Sheriffs Deputy friend.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

The Hatchery hole on the Rogue River closes at 7pm during spring chinook season. The quote the paper used was to "curb drunken lawlessness" LOL

I don't care how good the fishing is, you couldn't pay me to fish in that line. I would rather catch 3 inch bluegills.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

That's not even crowded. I have fished in that line-up and sometimes it was good, sometimes it wasn't. Really depended on who was in the line.

Mike
    Eat it. Eat it. Simon says EAT IT!!!

Mike O Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    I hate to say it, but this is a good representation of the difference between gear and flyfishermen. Gear fisherman can share water and get along
    True dat. FFermen complain if they can see someone else

I was just up at the outlet on the way down from the low flow below 70 and there was a CHP vehicle that beeped Frank and I to pull over. Come to find out there was a nice little fist to fist action going on and the CHP was called out

Here is one from about noon today. There were a few that left to maybe because of the fight that went on.

Last edited by winxp_man; 07-25-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"