Thread: Aliens of the glen

Default Aliens of the glen

I passed this wooded glen today and stopped for a look. As I made my way thru the brush to the waters edge, several dozen black winged damsels took flight. as they settled down I got a closer look and saw the amazing irridescent hilights on them.. It wasnt easy to capture there true beauty with the lens. But heres what I got.

Heres the glen...

This nasty yet beautiful spider was hiding amongst the tall grasses

Cool Aliens....

Love the insect photos. Insects are truly amazing. What variation of colors. That spider was in hopes of trapping a few aliens....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Stunning coloration, thanks for putting these and all your other shots up. Makes we want to buy a better camera.

Default beautiful

pics! Thanks for sharing. What lens did you use?
    Brett Humphries
    http://www.hillcountryflyfishing.com
    512-47zero-6886

Dear god my camera is a piece of crap.

Great shots.. has as much to do with the camera as it does the photographer. So i'm in double trouble

I've never seen a damsel like that before...they're simply amazing! The damsels I see are the typical blue with the translucent wings...they're beautiful but no match to that black winged damsel...

Pete
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach

Quote Originally Posted by coolrivertx View Post
    pics! Thanks for sharing. What lens did you use?
    I used my Tamron 270mm. Im thinking about going back with my nikkor 35mm f1.8 If I move slowly I can get pretty close to them and could possibly get some real interesting looks with that lens.

Thanks for the comments everyone!