Thread: Scott L2h Rods?

Default Scott L2h Rods?

Anyone have any experience with Scott's new L2h rods? Since they are listing it as a fast action I am curious to hear how it is, and how it would compare to the Sage Z-Axis (now ONE) rods. Any info would be great, thanks.

Mike

We carried them for quite a while, not bad but they never really gained traction as they're a bit heavier than the Z's were and now way heavier than ONE's. The warranty issues Scott had at the time didn't help either.

Aaron,

I am very curious about your comment on warranty issues with Scott rods? I have had two warranty issues with Scott Rods and their custoner services was very good and there were no questions asked they just took care of the problem.This was about four years ago and I realize with tougher economic conditions the warranty response may be different, thus the question.

Now they've been fine but 4-5 years ago it wasn't uncommon to see rods take 2 months or more to come back. They even lost a customers rod in the process and that whole ordeal took 6 months to straighten out. A lot of folks were not happy and my staff was pretty hesitant at that point to recommend Scott's. They've made quite a few changes and gotten things fixed since then but those experiences have shied a lot of people away unfortunately.

Aaron,

Thanks for the response. Interesting, my experience was the exact opposite, I broke a rod in two places and to the best of my recollection had a replacement in two or three weeks, including the return time. I had the same experience on the second rod.