Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stockton trips?

Default Stockton trips?

I'm out here visiting my wife's family in Stockton. What good opportunities are there within a couple of hours for stream fishing? Anything kid friendly? I'm not really familiar with this area. Thanks,
    Rich
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com

The Calaveras river is probably only 30 minutes from you. Below New Hogan. Tons of willing fish, but not too kid friendly. Hard wading.

EO

you could try west carson, easy wading, lots of fish wild and stockers. about 2-2.5 hr from stockton

tom

I was up there on the Carson last month - I was up at South Lake for a few days. I did not do all that well. But I fished way up on the East Carson and the flows were pretty high.
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    605-858-0800
    www.classicpowellrod.com

Try the Mokelumne below Camanche Dam--east of Lodi. Nice areas for families--picnic tables, and shallow water for the kids to wade. Oh yeah, the fishing is good too. It gets crowded, especially on weekends.

Good luck,
    Harlan

Hi, Rich-- check your pm
    Steve

Also sent you a PM, good dry fly spot for kids....... smaller fish but lots of action, probably in your 2 hour limit.

Thnaks to everyone for all the great point outs. I've read all the PMs too - some really great stuff there. I'm looking forward to getting to a number of these spots.
    Rich

Rich Morrison
    605-858-0800
    www.classicpowellrod.com

Another great example of why this board is so good.

My advice...get away from Stockton as far as possible! And your family too for that matter...
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."