Thread: Shad Season

Default Shad Season

Is the shad season winding down or is there still a good chance to catch one or two. I see the American still has a few shad, is this wading or fishing from a boat?
    Need to get a shad fix

Jay

Jay it is still going good. I'll be out tonight and next week. Let me know when you come out and maybe we can hook up.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Default Lotsa shad Wednesday evening

Went out of Sailor Bar late yesterday afternoon with John Harrison of Five Rivers Guide Service and simply slayed them. Haven't had as good a day shad fishing in five years. 35-40 fish to hand in 3 1/2 hours. Never had to change a fly, never had to move.....gotta love it! Fish weren't huge but they were still fiesty! What a treasure to have this fishery in our backyard!

And the answer is 6 wt., Teeny 250 and a white and pink fly with small dumbell eyes!

Nick Burnett

Good, I'll be waiting for a report. I have a bunch of things to do like paint 3 rooms, remodel my office, more into a production office than a fly tying room and a little yard work. Other than that I have nothing on the books

Jay

Jay, you can crash at my house after fishing if you want. I have a fully loaded spare bedroom. Gotta kick you out at 6:30 in the morning so I can go to work the next day, unless you come on Friday, then you can stay longer. Your choice, the invitation is always open to you.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Murakoshi View Post
    Is the shad season winding down or is there still a good chance to catch one or two. I see the American still has a few shad, is this wading or fishing from a boat?
    Need to get a shad fix

Jay
    Good to hear from ya...Yes out tonight on American and it was good from bank or boat...forget them projects for a week and get out!
    Tight Lines