Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bob Quigley passes

Sad news. I never really knew him well, mostly just through his fly tying. As Hogan and others have said, he was definitely an inspiration in this young tyers flies. He really got me to look at the silhouette and shape that the fish sees, instead of what most anglers see in a fly bin. Andy Burk(my roommate) always had a bunch of entertaining Quigley stories. My heart goes to his close friends and fam.

Default ...indeed a visionary

My sincerest empathy for Bob's entire family, many friends & tyers.

I first met Bob when he had his little shop...at the time...below Rick's Lodge bar & resturant (Arleta's prior to that) on the Fall River....several centuries ago.

I spoke with him last when he was at a NCFFF Conclave in Kings Beach several years ago. At that time he was doing some interesting work with dyed ostrich herls...I purchased a few.

As a fellow Vietnam vet; I salute his service, he was a CIB recipient (Combat Infantryman Badge), & memory. I do not know what Infantry Division he was with.

Frank R. Pisciotta
    Last edited by Frank R. Pisciotta; 06-15-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Default Bob Quigley You tube video

Here is a video memorial for Bob ,some great shots of upper fall and Ricks Lodge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AMgm...e_gdata_player

RIP Brother

Wow, this is a sad day............ Seemed like a fantastic guy when i met him briefly one time, definitely a big loss to the fly fishing community. His flies were nothing short of legendary.

I hope some sort of placard or remembrance is placed on the Upper Fall River, where he was the absolute master of those mayfly hatches.

I will be thinking of Mr. Quigley this weekend when i tie one one of his proven hex flies on one of the most special places on earth, the Fall River, I am sure he would approve!

Tight lines and dry fly days to you Mr. Bob. Condolences to the family as well, what a great guy who will definitely be missed.