Thread: South Fork of the Snake

Default South Fork of the Snake

On Monday I left Chico at 4:40AM to my new home for the summer, Irwin, Idaho. I will be guiding the South Fork of the Snake, through The Lodge at Palisades Creek, a licensed outfitter on the SF(www.tlapc.com). I will be posting reports and photos in this thread throughout the summer.

As of right now the fishing is awesome. We are catching fish type of fly we throw on. The salmonflies will be here as soon as we get a few more days of hot weather.

If anyone plans on heading up this way, give me a shout! I will be guiding here until the middle of September and I would love to take you fishing!
    A few shots from the past week...

Last edited by Darrin.Deel; 06-10-2012 at 08:59 PM.
    Capt. Darrin Deel
    www.acflyfishing.com

Wow, that is one BIG streamer Darrin.....crawdad pattern?

Meat eater for sure!

Ahhh Chico....grew up there. Awesome town....and brewery

EO

Default See you in Sept :)

Hey Darrin...My buddy, Bill and I are all set to fish with you 2 days on our way to the Yellowstone and Madison. See you there. -Mike

Default Welcome to Trout Heaven!

Just wait till the goldens come off. That is when it is plain stupid. You have big bugs on the banks with pmds in the foam and riffles. You have no idea what you are in store for. Seeing that picture of Parker throwing streamers in the canyon with a Bud Light makes me wish I was there. Really cool stuff. Great Pics. Have fun my friend!
    Guiding out here on some of the best trout waters of the west coast, it is my goal to fill your memory bank with plenty of fish tales, big and small!

EO-that's just a big hairy double bunny

Mike-see you in september!

Ryan-this place should be illegal!

The fishing out here is incredible. What is even better is the scenery. I've seen dozens of bald eagles, I can see an osprey nest from my bedroom window, and i've seen bulwinkle a bunch of times on the river. The salmon flies are going to get going in about week if it stays warm. It's a good year to be in Idaho.
    Capt. Darrin Deel
    www.acflyfishing.com