Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lower Sac Guide Service???

I've fished with Greg Dean on the Trinity and that was the most laugh filled guide day I ever had. Greg is a great guide and just fun to be with, I also caught my biggest wild steelhead on a a fly, it is pictured in my avatar.

heard lots of good things about ryan and about hogan brown...of course they might be pretty tough to book for this year

http://hgbflyfishing.com/hgbflyfishing/Welcome.html

Default Craig Nielsen, Owner of Shasta Trout

Craig is the best!

I have been very, very fortunate to have been exposed to a pile of good to great guides over the last 40 years...for Northern California Craig is at the top...(530)926-5763.

Default Ryan Johnston

I've fished the lower sac a couple of times this year with Ryan at RJSFLYTRIPS.

Both were half days. The first trip we landed 31 trout, and recently 24.

When I fish with Ryan I always feel that he knows why he's telling me to cast 15 ft off the right side of the boat. Not true with all the guides I've used. Normally he's out of town during the summer months , but Know he's in town this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Blane View Post
    Ive fished with a bunch of guides up there before I got my own boat and the best experience Ive had was with Shane Kohlbeck. Shane grew up in Redding and has been with the Fly Shop with one way or another for 15 years. Not only does he know the river but he is a great casting instructor and has really helped a few of my buddies accelerate their learning curve. His website (http://www.lowersactrout.com/) is updated regularly with reports.....definately worth a call.

Blane
    x2 for Shane, a great guy to fish with, he supplies all the gear too.

Default Guide

Thanks for all of the kind words guys. It is humbling to hear good things from people that I have taken on the river. I appreciate all of that.

For the one who started the post if you are still looking for a guide then I have some openings for the rest of the month. Right now I have June 7, 9-12, 23-25, 27 open for the rest of the month. If you are interested in booking something for later this summer or in June then you can send an email to ryan@rjsflytrips.com.

Thanks.
    Guiding out here on some of the best trout waters of the west coast, it is my goal to fill your memory bank with plenty of fish tales, big and small!

I fished with Ryan a few weeks ago and he works his tail off to keep you in fishy water all day long. As other boats were drifting by, he was passing over good spots again and again so we had the best shot at a lot of hookups.

Hes a great teacher too.

Darrin Deel - The Man

There are so many great guides working the Lower Sac - there is no shortage of quality, hardworking, experienced, guides on that river... many have been mentioned, many have not. But I gotta give a nod to "The Bear" ... my good buddy Gabe Duran.

http://tuscandrifters.com/oldsite/ you wont be bummed and you'll laugh till your stomach hurts.
    "Fishing should be a ceremony that reaffirms our place in the natural world and helps us resist further estrangement from our origins."
    Thomas McGuane

www.reeladventuresguideservice.com

Ill be looking to book the trip mid July for my bday present to myself and i'm bringing the lady...not sure if thats a bad time to go but Im sure we should catch something. Everyone has given me so much info and now Im having a more difficult time trying to decide HAHAHA