Thread: Pre Fishing for B-N-F (Non FF pig)

Default Pre Fishing for B-N-F (Non FF pig)

The Bass-N-Fly is coming up day after tomorrow. So I asked my buddy Thomas K, fellow Costa pro staffer and Sac State bass fishing team member, to take me out to the Delta to show me where to find a few fish. Beautiful morning, fast Ranger with a big Yamaha on the back, no wind. We went screaming around to a few of his "Hot" spots. Saw a few other FF out doing the same. Ran into John Sherman out pre fishing also. We went from spot to spot picking up a fish here and a fish there. The morning bite was good. The sun came up and it got slower. John raced buy in his white Champion, and I waived to him, then out of the corner of my eye I saw Thomas set the hook hard on his Okuma outfit. He yelled "big fish-big fish" and pulled this F'n pig out of the water. I have never seen a LMB that size before and I would have guessed it to be 15lbs. Well it Boga'd right at 10. What a sight.
    Thanks Thomas
    Hope she is still there on Saturday.
    HATCH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TK D 10.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	4575  
    Last edited by Hatch; 05-31-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: no pic

Exclamation LMB....

I can see it now. Thomas sets on that Bass and it flies over the boat into the water on the other side. (a 10 pounder no less) It's probably getting an adjustment from the Bass Chiropracter....

BTW, That's quite a Bass!!!! Where did you say he caught it???

Good luck in the tournament.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Holy Bleep, that's a big girl!!!! Nice job guys.

See ya out there Saturday.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

Wow!!! Just, wow

Pre fished last night, found a few. Only bug working was a tangerine scroat fly

Im excited to see this years weigh-in. It should be alot of fun.

Jeebus that's a toad. Girl could've been 12-13lbs a month ago. What tree did you tie her to???
    Eat it. Eat it. Simon says EAT IT!!!

Hoping the wind lays down for the tourney. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and having a great time. REALLY glad the Bass n fly is back this year, I had withdrawals last year.

See ya'll out there tomorrow.

Dang! Thats a hawg fo-sho...... What did he get her on? Looks like a frog stuck in it's mouth? A few weeks ago she would have been full of eggs and a few pounds heavier too. I have had a hard time with the LMB on the Delta lately and pics like this make me want to go back to the dark side.....I still have a few casting rods sitting in the rack beggin' to go out and rip some lips just like old times.

Here's one of my better ones from last year, no weight but I guess was about 7-8 with a sucked up stomach, freshly spawned. The pic doesnt do it justice, I could have fit both my fists in her mouth! Caught on a t-rigged brush hawg, would have been nice to get her on a fly though.

Good luck out there tomorrow Hatch!

Them are some nice fish good work out there. Its pretty interesting when you have a conventional angler side by side with a fly guy. We can hang for a little bit but it gets to the point of no competition when they can throw 50 different lures in any situation. I still wouldn't change it for anything and will take what I can get on the Fly anytime.

Default tying instructions?

Can you post the tying instructions for that fly?

Quote Originally Posted by Icastnblast View Post
    Pre fished last night, found a few. Only bug working was a tangerine scroat fly

Im excited to see this years weigh-in. It should be alot of fun.