Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patagonia gallegos waders

Default Patagonia gallegos waders

I purchased these in Nov 2011 and now are leaking from both the seams and the boots. There have also been a lot of issues with small leaks pretty much everywhere.

Beware and do not purchase these if my experience is anything to judge the quality of the product.

Should have purchased Simms.......

Default Return them

Patagonia had an iron clad return policy the last time I had to use it a few years ago.

If you don't like their product, for any reason, any time, give them a call. I had a pair of Patagonia wading boots that tore on me after several fishing trips. I called and complained and they refunded my purchase price.
    Greg

Patagonia is an awesome company, I bet they would have no problem taking care of your waders for you.
    A.K.A. Colfaxtroutman

To be fair, I got my first pair of Simms freestone waders and they leaked off the shelf. Returned them for repair (or replacement?) and they are wonderful now.

Yeah - you could literally walk into a Patagonia store, hand them the waders, tell them they leak and they'll hand you a new pair. Or give you store credit.

I have been calling patagonia all morning asking them to exchange it at either the SF or Reno locations. They do not stock it at either location, so I asked if I drive up to Reno if they would have the item at the store to exchange it since their order fulfillment is in Reno. They want them shipped then reviewed, the store manager and the phone order people have both said they would not have the waders at the store for me to do this exchange. I asked telling them i would drive to reno nv in order to do this exchange and both said no.

Don't bother with patagonia.

This is terrible to me since i have been using patagonia extensively since 1983 when i started rock climbing i have a lot of the original pat stuff as well as met the french man once......

Next time simms .
    Last edited by DAVID95670; 05-31-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Default Finally

Well after all your comments that they should have great customer service I got back on the emails and phone got a person named Nikki and she set up to ship the new waders to me with a return label. I did in fact tell her I had no problem driving to the Reno store to exchange them (fishing the truckee while I am out there and heading to Sparks to check out a board member's fly shop) .... but they are in the post as it were.....

I guess I am up set cuz I met Yvon in the 80s and I have owned so much Patagonia stuff over the years to be met with such resistance from three different Patagonia CSRs and Manager discouraged me... Yvon was a cool guy

Surprised you so much trouble. My experience with their waders (and customer service) has been excellent. Even the best products will wear with high use... I don't think Simms has an ironclad guarantee when it comes to wear and tear from regular use... and they charge for repairs. On older waders Pata does too.

Not sure the battle cry of don't buy Patagonia waders and product was warranted, it's good gear and it looks like they've taken care of you.

I've said it before... Redington sonic pros... best waders for the price. Crazy good customer service too. Never been hassled.
    >>>
    >>>

"No. I uh... I put... uh... Why, you buying?"
    -Roy Munson

http://www.sac-sierratu.org/

My brother is a Patagonia dealer. So he hooked me up on a killer price for the watermaster waders. 2 years later they developed a leak in the crotch. He called Patagonia, told them the details and I had a new pair of waders in three days no questions asked.