Thread: 13' Boston Whaler Sport

Default 13' Boston Whaler Sport

Price Reduction! I'm selling my vintage 13' Boston Whaler Sport as I just have too many boats. It has been in my family since new. It has a 50 horsepower 2 cycle Mercury that has been in the shop and had the carburetors rebuilt. Last time out it ran like a champ. I'll post some photos in the next day or so. Price Reduced to $3500 for the boat and trailer. It's a great run around boat, fishing boat and just a lot of fun. It's can pull a water skier or just chase some stripers.

I took the boat out today, 06/07/12, on Rollins Lake to let the 50 horses run and it started right up and flew around the lake. I adjusted the trim a bit and it is running great. I'm open to all offers.

Thanks, Clay

Here's a link to some photos. http://flyfishingtraditions.blogspot...on-whaler.html
    Last edited by BigKahuna; 06-07-2012 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Adding Photo Link

A Whaler 13 is one of the best boats for general use for this area. The boat is usually more capable than the operator. There are people who take this boat off Bodega Bay 20 miles in good weather. I have had two 13s--the classic hull and KD's 13' Dauntless. I have taken the classic hull from Roche Harbor in the San Juans to Syndey probably 100 times. It will knock your fillings out in chop but you'll be safe. Very stable and shallow draft, not much room for storage, but a great boat for 1-2 fly fishermen or a small family. Plus, you probably won't lose any money on it with a good hull unless you upgrade to a 4S which you probably wouldn't do on a pre-1973 hull. 1973 is when the boat was smirked with a 20" transom, and that hull went though 2000.

A 50 hp is a little overpowered for this boat. It is rated at 40, but performs well with a 25. The 50 is OK but watch for chine walking at higher speeds. If I ever get another 13' I will tear out the steering and the thwart and go to a 25 tiller. Perfect for fishing.

The boat originally had a 35 hp Johnson on it. When it wore out it had a 25 hp Johnson on in and it would not come up to plane. The 50 works well as long as the prop angle is adjusted properly, which it is. It definitively goes like a bat out of he--. As with all boats common sense is required. This boat would pull an adult water skier with the 50hp. Put in a deeper river like some of the Feather or the Sacramento and drift down and motor back up. I know of a person that has used the 13 foot sport for stripers on the American in this way.

Default Boston Whaler Sport - Price Reduced to $3500

I'm reducing the price for the Boston Whaler Sport to $3500 and will consider all offers. I took the boat out today, 06/07/12, for a spring test run and it started right up and ran great. Made me question my motive for selling it but I've already purchased a Lowe Roughneck with a jet pump. So life evolves.

I updated a few photos on my original post too.

Clay