Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is gettin good!

Hey Bill. The Purple Martins are cool birds. I have a Martin apartment in the basement I need to put up. The reason people like them is they are one of THE best mosquito controls known to man. A family of 12 martins can keep your property quite free of mosquitos. the #1 skeeter eater is bats tho. People do the same thing as with Martins. They put up bat boxes around their property. The trouble with bats is when the boxes get over populated they seek out new homes, and you'll find yourself calling this guy.
    http://www.vexconinc.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hooked1 View Post
    I have been following your work for some time and must say you have me looking for a camera.I live in a very bird rich area and would love to start documenting them.It just seems to go hand in hand with the rivers I walk and fish.Truth be told I spend as much time looking at ,and enjoying my surrounding as I swing flies.My pack holds more weight in flower,tree,and bird ID books than fishing gear.

Great work

Scott

Thank you Scott! I remember a day when I laughed at people that were as addicted to birds as I was to fly fishing. Im officially eating crow now because I litterally cant get enough. I was mowing my property last evening and something flew by that made me jump off my John Deere at full speed and I ran after this bird that I never saw again. LOL The things theyll make you do!

I would love to see some more guys posting here. i know this is a fishing forum and it may be pushing the limits of subject matter and if thats the case I hope Bill or another mod will let me know. I just dont feel like my work is good enough to join a photography forum. Plus I like the gang here at Kienes

Get the camera Scott and join in the fun!!
    Last edited by jbird; 05-30-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Default timing

is crucial in setting up the martin condo complex. Too early and the sparrows
    gain squatters' rights. Jay, I suspect that Bill K is one of your biggest fans.
    Best,
    Larry S

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post

I would love to see some more guys posting here. i know this is a fishing forum and it may be pushing the limits of subject matter and if that's the case I hope Bill or another mod will let me know. I just don't feel like my work is good enough to join a photography forum. Plus I like the gang here at Kienes

Get the camera Scott and join in the fun!!
    jbird...

With your kind of quality photos, I think you're sellin' yourself short! One other point is that this is a "photography" forum, right? It doesn't say "fishing photography" so don't worry and keep postin'. I don't think you'll hear anyone complaining! With that Indigo Bunting you nailed, I'm wondering how your going to beat that?? We've supposedly got Lazuli Buntings around here but I have yet to see one and I'm lookin' all the time just wishin' I'd see one!

Mike

jbird you can post a picture of anything you want. Anyone gives you slack they will have to deal with me.

I was playing with the iBird app last night and it was driving my cats crazy when I played the bird sounds. They came running into the room because they thought there was a bird inside, but then they tried to attack my iPhone when they found out where the sounds were coming from.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Thanks a lot for the encouragment guys. I'll keep posting.

Scott my dogs and cat went nuts too. Depending on what bird call I played. It would be funny to see what a bird dog would do if you played a pheasant/grouse/mallard/etc... He'd probably need a few sessions of councelling afterwards. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mike McKenzie View Post
    jbird...

With your kind of quality photos, I think you're sellin' yourself short! One other point is that this is a "photography" forum, right? It doesn't say "fishing photography" so don't worry and keep postin'. I don't think you'll hear anyone complaining! With that Indigo Bunting you nailed, I'm wondering how your going to beat that?? We've supposedly got Lazuli Buntings around here but I have yet to see one and I'm lookin' all the time just wishin' I'd see one!

Mike
    Mike, last may/june in southern Oregon I was up to my eyeballs in Lazulis...

They were around so frequently, we were looking past them to shoot other birds. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    Thanks a lot for the encouragment guys. I'll keep posting.
    Mike, last may/june in southern Oregon I was up to my eyeballs in Lazulis...
    They were around so frequently, we were looking past them to shoot other birds. LOL.
    Some people have ALL the luck! The rest of us just suffer!..

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike McKenzie View Post
    Some people have ALL the luck! The rest of us just suffer!..

Mike
    jbird,
    Check your PM box...

Mike