Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Carson at Stateline; need advise

Default West Carson at Stateline; need advise

Felow Anglers,

A few of us are hitting the West Carson by stateline this Sunday and i'm not sure the best way to get to the river. 395 outside of Ganrdnerville, Rt on Leviathan Mine Rd, then dirt road to Stateline.....or Alipne Airport and take a dirt road as far as we can go down to river?

I'm not sure if there is access off of Diamond Valley Rd?

All advice needed,

thanks

Frank

Mike O Guest

Are you coming from Stateline, NV? If so, take CA Highway 89 South from the western side of South Lake, CA. when you hit Hwy 88, you are at the West Carson. Fish up or downstream.

The area around the airport is usually used to access the EAST Carson wild trout section.

Default E Carson River

How would you access the lower section at the NV Boarder of the E Carson River

How difficult is the hike down from the Airport to the E Carson River Wild Trout section?
    Last edited by DAVID95670; 06-29-2012 at 08:53 AM.

David:

Don't mean to be flippant--but you find it by trial and error, an ATV, and a lot of time with a GPS or google earth.

That's how we've found our spots....or I should say how we have gotten to our spots in the past.

I literally couldn't tell you how we got there, I could show you in person or get there myself, but I couldn't (and won't ) begin to tell you on the board!

Edit: For other than the well known airport access, DO NOT take a truck or jeep down the roads unless you are a serious jeeper with another rig with you.

We take ATV's and motorcycles when we go down there....

DOnt expect others to just give up their hard earned honey holes. Go out and find em.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed Peters View Post
    David:

Don't mean to be flippant--but you find it by trial and error, an ATV, and a lot of time with a GPS or google earth.

That's how we've found our spots....or I should say how we have gotten to our spots in the past.

I literally couldn't tell you how we got there, I could show you in person or get there myself, but I couldn't (and won't ) begin to tell you on the board!

Edit: For other than the well known airport access, DO NOT take a truck or jeep down the roads unless you are a serious jeeper with another rig with you.

We take ATV's and motorcycles when we go down there....
    A Rokon two wheel motorcycle works well for this kind of exploring!
    http://www.rokon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by atavuss View Post
    A Rokon two wheel motorcycle works well for this kind of exploring!
    http://www.rokon.com/
    Dear Santa-- I've been an ok boy, and I really really want a Rokon!
    Steve

We left Sac at 5:00am and hit the water at 8:30am. River conditions were great and stunning! We caught fish....lol, I will leave it at that....

The raod in took us 50 mins, 4X4 a must. A small truck or SUV with good clearance is perfect otherwise anything bigger you will come back with some heavy pin-striping. We had to cut out some brush so not to scratch up the GLK. Ground clearance was very close at times and I will say, Mercedes-Benz traction controll ROCKS! I had Dave spot me several times and it payed off. The water crossing was 24" and if you hit it after a rain it will get deep.
    I will be back the 3rd week in Oct for a Cast and Blast. My German Wirehaired Pointer can't wait!!!!

Frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Almost there.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	4702   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sweet Run.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	4703   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dave the spotter.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	4704   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Water 2.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	4705  

GOod to hear ya had fun. And great to see someone that actually uses their suv. SOme fish pics would have been cool too.

Default Cool Adventure

Thanks for sharing.....

I was up that way on Saturday.... on the paved roads only..... There were all kinds of people fishing both Carson Rivers along/under every bridge and access points to both rivers.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but if you drove 3.5 hours from Sacramento, you could've been on the E. Walker River below Bridgeport..... ha!

Although, I figure you encountered nobody on that stretch of water for all your troubles....

Fun adventure and a fun part of fishing. Great area up that way and despite all the mixed opinions, I like to see all the people fishing those rivers, especially all the families, children, etc.