Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stateline to Pinecrest ideas?

Default Stateline to Pinecrest ideas?

I'll be driving from South Lake Tahoe to Pinecrest on Friday, looking for a stream or lake (in Calif.) where conditions are good right now. Any suggestions? I'm trying to help my cousin catch his first fish! Numbers more important than size. Thanks!!
    You Enjoy Myself

What route areyou taking to get there
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

89 > 395 > 108
    You Enjoy Myself

Default Hwy 108 streams

I would try Kennedy meadows resort they stock the stream with some lunkers. Clarks fork campground for your classic small stream experience. Call the Pinecrest ranger station for more info. Good luck!

Thanks for those suggestions. I wonder, what would be some good lakes near South Lake Tahoe or in Alpine County right now?
    You Enjoy Myself

You might try the little walker river before going over sonora pass. As far as lakes, your goin past Kirmanand thats a great lake to fish.
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

Quote Originally Posted by k9mark View Post
    You might try the little walker river before going over sonora pass. As far as lakes, your goin past Kirmanand thats a great lake to fish.
    Never fished the Little Walker but I'd like to check it out. How do you get there? (I have to go find my old topo map.)

I thought about Kirman but we won't have float tubes on this trip.
    You Enjoy Myself

Kennedy and Clarks fork still a tad high. Maybe OK for planters but small wild dry fly not there yet. Same with south fork stan

Quote Originally Posted by YEM View Post
    Never fished the Little Walker but I'd like to check it out. How do you get there? (I have to go find my old topo map.)

I thought about Kirman but we won't have float tubes on this trip.
    Across from the helipad on the Marine Corps base. South side of 108. Park at the gate and follow the trail.

Thanks everyone for all of your great suggestions. We had a good trip, found a small stream with lots of wild fish taking dry flies. It was awesome! My cousin caught and released his first trout, a fat little brown hiding under a bridge. You can tell from the picture he's not accustomed to holding fish, but I made sure his hands were wet and he didn't squeeze too hard.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	543695_415803675107907_1271385457_n.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	4561  
    You Enjoy Myself