Thread: New Airflo Loop Welding Station at Kiene's

Default New Airflo Loop Welding Station at Kiene's

We just received the new Airflo welding center, we'll be the only shop in Sac to feature one. It's a pretty sweet setup that can add loops, splices, etc to a lot of different lines/sink tips. If you have a custom need let us know and this contraption can probably help. Or if you'd just like a loop added to a line stop by and we can do it for a small fee. It does seem to work better on some lines over others but the results so far have been really good. Here's Doug and Jim testing the strength of some results...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	loops.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	4506  

I have a bunch of lines that need welded loops on them.......cool.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Very cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    It does seem to work better on some lines over others but the results so far have been really good.
    I'd be interested in how the process works ( heat, pressure, chemical, molding, combo of each, other. ). Airflo touts in it's introductory information that they use polyurethane for their line coatings instead of the pvc that the other line companies use for their coatings. Just wondering aloud if the results of an Airflo welding system works equally well on both mediums, as well as it's bonding strengths with slime line coatings or those laden with tungsten particles as in the case with many common sinking lines. Has Airflo adopted pvc or another coating material and not revised it's intro information?

More questions than answers.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E. View Post
    I'd be interested in how the process works ( heat, pressure, chemical, molding, combo of each, other. ).
    Dave I hear they use super glue and duct tape. But then again you know how much a jokster Bill can be.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Nuclear Fusion actually, which is why we charge a small fee. Uranium is getting expensive these days.

Andy welded a loop on some T200 today. It looks like a factory loop and was very reasonable. I'm going to bring down some older pre-welded loop lines and have them fix them up. Nice feature, thanks for bringing it in.

This sounds so awesome. If I lived in Sac Id be wasting your entire day splicing mini t-14 tips, old S-A fly lines, spey lines, cheaters, and on and on. Maybe time for a road trip...