Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pond boat

Thats an awfully nice little boat! Looks really stable. Love the pvc cart! I need to make one for my yak.

Quote Originally Posted by joshfish View Post
    Shig, my guess on weight is 50lbs. I would think you could car top it just fine. I have an s10 pickup so I just slide it in the bed. I keep it on a roll around jet ski cart and keep my trolling motor and gear in it. When I want to go fish I just slide it off the stand into my truck and off I go. The oars that are on it belong to my pontoon boat but at 6' they seem to be ok in length. The boat is only 43" wide at the oar locks. My brother and took it out Friday and it did fine. With the two of us and gear we had about 450 lbs in the boat.
    Wow, that's crazy light. The battery for the motor will weigh more!

_SHig

Jbird, it's more stable than I thought it would be. With my son sitting on the middle bench I can stand in the back with no problems. With my brother I can still stand but have to be a little more carefull. I have yet. To try it by myself to see how it is. The dolly works great. The wheels I got at harbor freight for $10 the axle is a piece of all thread and the rest is 1" PVC. I use two ratchet tie downs to strap it to the boat. With the trolling motor, battery and all my gear I can go bouncing down the trail to the pond with no issues.
    Shig, my guesstimate of weight may be a little off but my small deep cycle battery weighs almost as much as the boat. The rattle can paint and pictures hides its true ugliness. It's more of a no glam pram like yours but it works and the price was right. It's been patched several times prior to me getting it. Like the title says its my perfect pond boat.