Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NuCanoe 12' Frontier

SUP = stand up paddle, I believe
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Default Sup paddle

You are correct, zen
    Brett Humphries
    http://www.hillcountryflyfishing.com
    512-47zero-6886

ordered one today.

Great Tony

I think this is a very cool watercraft.

Send photos when you can..............
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Took my Frontier out yesterday for the first time. Easy to stand up in which mattered because i was Striper fishing. However, i did stand up only while anchored. Biggest Striper ( of only 2) was about 8 lbs & I was not pulled off anchor so that was also a good thing.

Easy to paddle. not tough to go upriver. Not a great tracking boat (I was on a river) However, not terrible either.

The only down side I would say is regarding NUCanoe's in house fly rod holders. They did a poor job of keeping my fly rod in place. I was fishing with a 9 wt. It may work better with a rod with a smaller reel and a rod without a fighting butt. Not really much of an issue the majority of the time because when on flat water i just set it behind my seat.

It is heavy so i recommend a kayak cart.

Overall, happy with my purchase.

Default Nucanoe Frontier

Hey Tony, glad you like your boat. I have fished from one a few times now, and it still impresses me. I feel pretty comfortable standing, even in moving water. I rigged a "drag" anchor thru the hole in the transom, using a couple feet of heavy chain, and a 1# lead ball. Also, I modified the seating, using 1" hollow aluminum, and a swivel seat with pedestal. Myself and another person is no problem with the Frontier, we both can stand and cast. Have fun, Brett
    Brett Humphries
    http://www.hillcountryflyfishing.com
    512-47zero-6886

I put a swivel seat on it and used it for the first time yesterday. I mounted the slide system and it works well. No pedestel. Anchor trolly form Nucanoe works well.

I purchased a kayak cart with rubber scupper hole "prongs" which worked well. It is made by sea to summit. The only down side is you cannot move the cart to the center of the Frontier. It does add strain to your forearm as a result. not a big deal but I walked it about 1/2 mile.

I stood up while drifting for about 10 casts yesterday. It was stable. Still prefer standing up at anchor.

I may put my trolling motor on it for the next trip.