Thread: Harry Mason

Default Harry Mason

Sad news for those that remember Harry and his contributions to the Norcal flyfishing community and a world wide community of tyers. He definitely had some of the best, well explained tutorials that I've ever seen.

http://www.troutflies.com/

Harry will be sorely missed. I had tied with Harry at various shows for many years. His infectious smile, willing disposition and sharing ways were legendary amongst the fly tiers at the ISE shows and others. He was a consummate fly tier with abilities that transcended most others and was able, as so ably demonstrated in his website, to help others advance their knowledge and skills in this art form.

Rest in peace Harry. You will not be forgotten and I promise that each time I fish I'll be thinking of you and will send kind thoughts your way. Tight lines my friend.

Hi Charlie,

Eric here...the artist formerly known as Anglernut.

I have to say, when I first started tying flies, the ONLY decent site was Harry's. His step by step tutorials got me off and runnning and ultimately gave me the fly tying addiction. I think I tied almost every one of his creations.

Seems like he was way ahead of his time. Sounds like he was a superb individual.

Eric

very sad news indeed. Harry was extremely talented and generous with his time as well. he'll be misssed

Damn!
    Harry was one of my favorite people.....on tying row or anywhere.
    I will always be able to see his smile when he would bring out an Eyetalian moment in my tying skills.....or lack thereof.
    Rest well Harry. I'm sure the Man has big plans for you.
    ....lee s.

Sucks. He was a giving, talented man. Thank you Harry, for so much you've never known. Charlie, you too are an inspiration. The internet has benefited so many of us in so many ways.
    RFt