Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to go for Opener?

Default Where to go for Opener?

Hello Fellow Anglers,

I am looking for suggestions for the opener this weekend.
    Here’s what I have so far:
    1) East Carson, Markleeville
    2) Walker, Coleville
    3) No Fork Yuba, Downieville
    4) Yuba, Washington area.
    Not sure how much rain will hit the Sierra this week, but I will need to keep that in mind for water clarity.

Thanks,

Frank

Both the North Yuba and the South Yuba are way high right now for fishing (currently almost 3k at goodyears bar on the North Yuba, and 2500cfs at hwy 49 on the South Yuba)... not sure on the others.
    JB

I won't be fishing this weekend, but next. I am in the same boat, what's fishable! Really looking forward to getting out, it's been a while. Any thoughts?

Dan
    A.K.A. Colfaxtroutman

in lieu of high flows and treacherous wading. go bassing in your local pond.....

Can't do it (although before I started fly fishing Bass fishing was my favorite). If the streams that I am going to try for aren't in shape than the float tube will be pulled form the back seat of the truck and I'll try for some stillwater action.

Dan
    A.K.A. Colfaxtroutman

I'm going bass fishing. You can go fish with all those other people on a stream this opening. Have fun Frank and tell everyone hi.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

The next time I go trout fishing it will be with a mouse in Alaska. This is bass season!!

Mike O Guest

My close and local bluegill and bass spot got shut down (posted). Might go trout fishing with the kids somewhere, though.

I always do pretty well fishing tributaries above certain reservoirs on the opener. Some places actually fish better in higher water (if clarity holds) as new riffles are created where tributaries enter the lake... Some food for thought

West Carson is high and muddy right now, it may get better if the colder weather slows the snow melt. Not sure about the East Carson, you could call the Carson River Resort and ask Todd what he thinks, lots of planting going on there. not a stream or river but do you know about ICR?