Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pot growers are "living off the land"....

Default shame on us

The problem with this is that it really is shame on all of us.

Good the poachers got caught. Shame on us for continuing to vote in local, state, and federal representatives that are thinking of lining pockets, instead of the future of our land for our children. Shame on us for continuing to vote in our representatives who continue to take our license fees for purposes other than land and fish management & protection. Shame on us for standing idly by, while watching our lands be mismanaged and degredated so much that even the Delta is quickly getting so unhealthy that fish will not be able to migrate through it.

Glad the guy got caught. Ive seen the Wardens out and about and they have a tough job but they are doing some great work... On a positive note I thought I would post a link to this video. This stream rehab is going on on several north coast river watersheds some of which I spend an awful lot of time on. Ive seen it from the beginning a couple of years ago and its amazing how quickly it causes changes in the river. Good positive changes that you know are good for the smolts as well as the adults. Check it out.. Kevin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyxD57BgQZs

Awesome, is all I can say. Sometimes I wonder why it wasn't thought of before.

Sorry for the previous negativity, I was seeing red.

BigSmallFly, don't be sorry... your post was SPOT ON!

Nrthcsteel, thanks for the link...
    Last edited by Dave Neal; 06-08-2012 at 06:45 PM. Reason: add.
    "Fishing should be a ceremony that reaffirms our place in the natural world and helps us resist further estrangement from our origins."
    Thomas McGuane

www.reeladventuresguideservice.com

Default north coast rehab video

Sorry 'bout hijacking the thread. The video was discussed some time ago -
    http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25828

I've been fishing the North Coast streams since the late 1960's; but, don't consider
    myself very knowledgeable about issues regarding same. I do respect the
    observations of Darian and Mike M.
    Best,
    Larry S
    Last edited by Larry S; 06-09-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Great video.
    Ironic that in the late 60's, people were paid to REMOVE logs and structure from the Gualala. Then, I believe it was in the late 80's, I read that the Merced was greatly improved by ADDING log structure. Amazing how long it takes to get their books read and "see" what has been before thier eyes all along.
    S.C.W.A. is trying to sell us the SAME solution on the Russian River. WON'T work! This fine project DOES work on the Garcia because the water quality is still acceptable for troutoids....the WATER in the Russian R. is LETHAL to troutoids.....period. All the logs and rocks and all the removal of tires and debri will do NOTHING to restore our lost fisheries until water QUALITY is addressed.
    .....lee s.

Default They need to.....

..start rippin' out vineyards by the thousands of acres through out the Russian River drainage..Plant for erosion control and pretty soon we'd have a river back!

Not a Wine Connoisseur.....

Mike

You do not have to be a wine drinkrer to think straight... The problem is Greed....