Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying a Handgun While Wearing Waders

carry in SF is strictly prohibited

In national forests its ok for licensed fisherman to carry a concealed weapon but it doesn't state that in national parks. Is that what I'm understanding? Too many rules....might as well get a CCW Permit to avoid all the rules. I guess just getting the code 12027 laminated for time being is the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossflyguy View Post
    In national forests its ok for licensed fisherman to carry a concealed weapon but it doesn't state that in national parks. Is that what I'm understanding? Too many rules....might as well get a CCW Permit to avoid all the rules. I guess just getting the code 12027 laminated for time being is the best way to go.
    Carrying in National parks is legal if you have a cpl (concealed pistol liscence )

reading this thread makes me wonder how many board members are "gun guys."

i work at a gun shop part time, and if anyone here is ever looking for something in particular, or has firearms they no longer uses, PM me......we buy used guns and can get just about every major brand of rifle and handgun.....

Anyone packing a pistol for bear protection should should Google that idea. Study after study shows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, bear spray is more effective. Lions? You are more likely to be attacked by a herd of winning lottery tickets. THE most dangerous critter out there walks on two legs.

If you do not have a license to carry concealed you can not carry concealed. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

You can carry a firearm loaded while fishing, but it must be exposed. If you are not fishing you can not carry a firearm exposed. There are exceptions but you must know the laws. Unloaded open carry is illegal in California since Jan. 1st. If you are at a temporary shooting area in the forest you can carry exposed, but you must remain in an area the area where you are shooting.

If you are even contemplating carrying a firearm make sure you are 100% within the law, and in California that is a slippery area. There are plenty of exceptions, but you better know what you are doing, carrying comes with a ton of responsibility, be 100% sure you know the rules. Jail sucks!
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

There has never been a better time to obtain a CCW than right now... Especially in sacramento county...

Quote Originally Posted by TaylerW View Post
    carry in SF is strictly prohibited
    Except for certain areas (bars, courthouses, etc) I can carry concealed in any city in the state with my ccw, period.

I was surprised to see this topic brought up. I'm glad that you want to not only be informed, but be lawful as well. I can unequivocally say Ralph is correct the most dangerous animal is the one that walks on two legs. I've been dealing with nefarious two legged animals for over twenty years. I will also tell you I carry everywhere I go including fishing. Not because of bears or lions, but because I seem to have the knack of running into scumbags wherever I go it seems. Quite frankly, It irritates the you know what out of me. I'm just trying to enjoy a day of fishing away from the lowlifes and what do ya know, there is someone breaking the law. I've been known march a few of these people out in handcuffs. Not so much just for breaking the law, but for ruining my day because of it. I'm kinda cranky that way. There are also quite a few marijuana grows in our forests and these people are dangerous.
    CA is unique in the fact the only people they want having guns are the criminals themselves, not law abiding folk. If you want to carry a firearm, first and foremost, get to know your weapon. Personally, I carry nothing less than a .40cal. Learn how to handle it and practice with it. Secondly, if you want to carry concealed, you will need a CCW permit. Open carry is no longer allowed in CA because lawmakers want the criminals to have the guns, yes that's sarcasm, but there is truth there too.
    So, with all that being said. Remember the following as it apply to you. CA lawmakers changed all the codes as they relate to firearms this past year mainly because they had nothing else better to to. So here goes.

25610. (a) Section 25400 shall not be construed to prohibit any
    citizen of the United States over the age of 18 years who resides or
    is temporarily within this state, and who is not prohibited by state
    or federal law from possessing, receiving, owning, or purchasing a
    firearm, from transporting or carrying any pistol, revolver, or other
    firearm capable of being concealed upon the person, provided that
    the following applies to the firearm:
    (1) The firearm is within a motor vehicle and it is locked in the
    vehicle's trunk or in a locked container in the vehicle.
    (2) The firearm is carried by the person directly to or from any
    motor vehicle for any lawful purpose and, while carrying the firearm,
    the firearm is contained within a locked container.

25640. Section 25400 does not apply to, or affect, licensed hunters
    or fishermen carrying pistols, revolvers, or other firearms capable
    of being concealed upon the person while engaged in hunting or
    fishing, or transporting those firearms unloaded when going to or
    returning from the hunting or fishing expedition.

Now remember, certain national parks or forests may prohibit the carry of firearms so check with them before entering.
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."