Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying a Handgun While Wearing Waders

So I've been wondering if I could carry without a ccw since I live in SF it's impossible to get it, only two people in the SF county are allowed to carry. Section 12025 says I can carry a concealed or open while on a fishing expedition only, even if I can't get a ccw license correct? Do I need a special permit or license to carry a pistol out in the open while fishing?

CA is a maze of rules and regulations regarding guns, especially handguns. County to County, City to City, its good idea to check the laws pertaining to any area you plan to be in beforehand. Kind of sad, when it comes to guns in CA you are almost as nervous of what the State might do as you are of what the gun is meant to protect you of.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/outp...d-game-qa.html

This pretty much explains everything.

Funny i thought of posting a similar question but was worried the responses i would get. Looks like im not the only one carrying when im out there.

Frank, thank for the info, the lcr seems like a nice little piece, i think you were saying its lighter than the lcp, i doubt its lighter than the s&w airweight but its probably not much different. The airweight is aluminum alloy framed.

As far as legality goes, i dont really care. The odds of someone ever seeing it are very low and if the time ever comes when someone does it will be a situation there is no other way out of.

If someone demand my wallet or some thing similar, i will give it to them, replacable objects are replaceable.

Remember also when you take your gun out of your safe its your responsibility to keep it safe and away from causing more harm than good.

If your going to carry concealed or open you better know the laws, alot of guys carry a copy of the sections pertaining to carrying a firearm on them while carrying. Most laws enforcement officers don't know what the legalities are so you will most likely be arrested or cited and the firearm will be confiscated if you don't protect yourself. It's not the Officers job to know every code in the law book, it's their job to make the arrest(if they feel it is needed) and let the DA sort it out. It's hard to remember everything all the time so when I go deep enough to need to carry I print up what I need and put it in my pack. Check out www.calguns.net, you'll find everything you need to know about staying out of jail and saving alot of attourney fee's if you plan on packing a gun.

Default Check California Penal code 12027

Anyone wanting to carry a pistol while fishing or going fishing should read this code. Particulary paragraph g.
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=126590
    My question is can I have a loaded speed loader next to the weapon.
    Great carry weapon is the Ruger SP101 .357
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY9MgTbVPyM

I mountain bike and fish alot. I'm not to worried to much but do carry a sidearm; primary concerns are bears and weirdos. My 2 cents is one of the top firearms formerly made of which I own 1 of - the S&W 9mm- Model 3913 Lady Smith is one of the most popular concealed weapons of all time. Accurate within 30 yds (depending on the shooter), reliable, well-built ------enough said.

Called a lady smith cause the grips are small but the advantage is that this thing is not a hand cannon and it can be put any where - < than 5" net length.
    Last edited by koffler; 04-15-2012 at 05:38 PM.

If bears are you concern a 9mm will only irritate him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by koffler; 04-15-2012 at 05:51 PM.

For the fellas interested in my Bear story, I will post it in this thread in a few days.